Prayers

Melanies POV

"Why are you cheating?," I ask August as we play air hockey.

"Im not cheating,"

"Mhmm,"

"Come on mom destroy him," India cheers me on.

"Yall are too serious," Harmony rubs her belly.

"I won," I flip the hair off my shoulder.

"Fair game," August puts his hand out for a hand shake. I turn on my heel and watch India plays.

"Girl you must have lost your mind," August grabs me by my hips and pulls me into him. I blush and hold his hand. We all start playing different games and just enjoying ourselves.

**

"August why are you out here?," I close the sliding door and walk into the backyard.

"I had to call Noah, his flight got delayed,"

"Until,"

"He wont be here until tomorrow morning,"

"Damn that sucks,"

"I know," he sighs. "Did you enjoy your birthday?,"

"I loved it," I stand in between August's legs.

"Thats good," I lift his head up.

"August,"

"Yes?,"

"Whats wrong?," I ask him.

"Nothing Im fine," He puts on a fake smile.

"August I know you and you arent being you, so what is bothering you?,"

"Nothing, Im fine," I pull up a chair and sit infront of him.

"What is wrong with you? You can tell me anything,"

"I know and I am telling you the truth," I grab his hand.

"August just quit playing and tell me what is the problem?,"

"Nothing alright damn,"

"August just t-,"

"There is nothing wrong alright damn!," He yells at me.

"Fine," I walk away from him and inside.

"Melanie loo-," Harmony smiles at Nick then to me. I walk upstairs, annoyed, pissed, and aggrivated. I slam my door and blow out the candels and throw the rose metals off of my bed. Once again, why do I always find myself doing this. I climb under my covers and lay in my bed. I turn on the TV and flip through the channels.

"This just in, breaking news, a flight was in a recent plane crash killing 120 people and 23 surving," I turn up the volume. "Im just receiving news that is was a flight going to Atlanta and the plane just drops from the sky. The survivors are under critical condition, no flights are taking flight for 12 hours," I shut off the TV. Damn. Damn. Damn. I get up and walk down the hall to the guest room.

"Mom," She sits up and so does my father.

"Noah just got into a plane crash. I dont know if he is dead or alive," I hold back my tears.

"Come here," I walk over to the bed and climb into the bed with them. "I am positive he is alive and probably trying to call you,"

"Mom he was taking the flight alone," I lay there feeling lifeless. Empty, like shit. "August,"

"What?,"

"August, I will be right back," I rush back downstairs and grab a blanket. August is having a fit outside and I slowly walk towards him. He drinks his scotch and cries. "Au-,"

"I dont want to hear it Melanie,"

"I didnt come out here to bother you. I came out here to comfort you," He groans.

"You didnt care about him did you?," He asks me.

"What? I love Noah,"

"No you dont, you are a fucking hypocrite!," He yells at me.

"August I love the both of you,"

"Shut up," He wipes his tears and stands there.

"A-,"

"I said shut up," I close my mouth. "My son can either be dead or alive and I dont know if he is alive. In fact I dont even know how to get out there to contact him," I begin to say something then I close my mouth.

"August yo-,"

"Melanie shut the hell up you are the last person I want to talk to right now! Damn! My son could be fighting for his life and here I am with you!," I step back as he throws his glass. "All you care about is sex, yourself, and yourself!,"

"That is not true,"

"Dont lie to yourself honey," I shake my head.

"August I am not going to pick a fight with you,"

"Bitch," He starts to cry and cry. "I need to see him,"

"I can arrange that, lets go get him," He looks at me and his eyes. They are daggering into me and such anger building up.

"Melanie he is not even your son! He hates you did you know that?!," I wipe the tears falling from my eyes. "Of course you dont because you dont even talk to him,"

"Okay I had enough you are not going to disrespect me,"

"Why are you still talking to me?!," I slap him he immediately grabs me by my neck and lifts me up. I try to grasp for breathe and grab his hands. "Melanie," he lets go of me. I stumble and fall grasping air. "Melanie Im-,"

"Save it," i stand up and walk inside the house. I hear the sound of glass breaking and August yell.