Spilling the beans

Melanies POV

"Goodmorning," August walks in and kisses my cheek.

"Morning," I smile and start making pancakes.

"How did you sleep?,"

"I slept fine, what about you," I flip the pancakes.

"Fine, but I had the weirdest dream or nightmare,"

"What was it about?," He opens his water bottle and sits down.

"Okay it seemed so real. We were in bed and I was asleep and you put you forehead on mine. You started saying that you hated me. You asked me if this is what I want? Are we just doing this to kep our family together? And you said it doesnt feel right," I look at him. Shit was he awake? "Then you finished with I love you but not in that way anymore then you walked out," I look at him confused. "Werid huh," I flip the pancakes and make more. "Melanie weird right?,"

"Huh?," I pretend I didnt hear him.

"I said that was a werid dream right?," He walks over to me.

"Hmm so weird," I dont look him in the eye.

"Me-,"

"Goodmorning!," India says walking.

"Someone is wide awake,"

"I have surfing class today, arent you excited?," She sits down on the chair.

"I am, what time?,"

"At 1 thats when the waves are at its best," She starts eating the bacon.

"Hey," I pop her hand with the spatula. "I dont think you can go young lady, you have soccer practice and school,"

"Mom I have to go, I promised I will make it to that surf class," August looks at me.

"I'll take you baby,"

"Thanks Dad," She kisses his cheek and walks out.

"So you are going to take her out of school and make her miss her first soccer practice for a surf class," August wraps his arms around me.

"Quit worrying,"

"I cant especially when it comes down to my kids," I turn around.

"My kids? You mean our kids," I move out of his arms and over to the fridge. "Is there something you want to tell me,"

"Nope," I grab the eggs. He sighs and walks out. I grab the phone and call Dr. Yancy, I highly doubt he is in the office right now.

"Hello Dr. Yancy speaking,"

"Hey Dr. Yancy its Melanie,"

"Aw Melanie how are you taking things?,"

"I havent told him yet," I sigh. "Well I kind of died in a dream. Long story but I am just exhausted,"

"With?,"

"All these problems and obstacles coming my way,"

"Melane there is always going to be obstacles and problems coming your way. What problems?,"

"The other day I got a call from my ex he basically told me about hsi feelings towards me,"

"Do you feel the same way?,"

"No, yes, I dont even know. Im not good at this obviously," He laughs.

"Melanie heres you need to do, turn off your phone. Leave the kids at home. Walk on the beach or somewhere you feel comfortable. And just empty your mind, get all you problems out,"