Just Go With It

Melanie's POV

I wake up the next morning to breakfast and the smell of jasmine filling the house. I roll out of the bed and walk into the living room.

"Good morning," Justin smiles at me.

"Justin? What are you doing here?" I scratch my head and walk into the kitchen. I look at the table and see French toast,eggs, orange juice, and fruit.

"They decided to leave in 2 weeks so I will be here for a while," Shit.

"That's great," I look around and see flowers in a vase.

"Yeah it is, long night last night?" What is he doing? Why is he doing this? "Mel,"

"Hm?" I look up at him.

"Why are you so tired?"

"I uh didn't get much sleep last night," he nods.

"Well," he walks over to me and puts his hands on my waist. "You have been working so hard, doing everything you can for the kids. Today I just want you to rest,"

"No I have things to do J,"

"Well cancel your plans," He smiles. "Today I want to take care of you baby," he kisses my cheek down to my neck. "I'm going to take care of you Mel,"

"Justin I have so much that I-"

"Shh," He picks me up and sets me on the counter.

"J," I stop him. Make an excuse Mel. "I have to pee," I hop off the counter.

"I guess," I walk away from him and go to the bathroom. I grab my phone and go into the bathroom.

"Hello sunshine," August answers the phone.

"Damn you," he laughs.

"What did I do now?"

"I can't even look at Justin the same anymore,"

"And I'm responsible for this because,"

"You tricked me, you fucked up my brain," he laughs.

"Well I guess I'm sorry," I roll my eyes. "Let's talk more over brunch," I sigh. "Sounds great see you in a hour,"

"Au-" he hangs up. I look in the mirror and shake my head.

"You okay?" Justin asks me.

"Yes I'm fine,"

"Justin where's the kids? They-,"

"I took them to school, you overslept,"

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah you were knocked out babe," He sets my plate in front of me. We sit there and eat breakfast. Talking as friends, that's all things are. At least what it seems like.

"Shit I need to get dressed," I stand up.

"For?"

"I am going to brunch with a friend,"

"What happ-,"

"Justin this was great really. You didn't have to do this but you did so thank you.," I kiss his cheek.

"Yep," he says as I walk away.

**

I step out of the car and walk over to August.

"Check you out," he smiles and hugs me. "Beautiful as ever," I blush.

"I know," I laugh.

"How did you escape the army general?" August rests his hand on my lower back.