Chapter Eighteen

Mulai dari awal

"Rehearsal's ended a few hours ago," she bit her bottom lip; she was nervous about something.

"Why are you whispering?"

"I'm not suppose to be in here," Camila sighed and rolled her eyes to avoid eye contact. "They don't want me in here."

"Who's they?"

"You ask a lot of questions when you're all drugged up," she giggled joyfully before taking my limp hand into hers. She curled her fingers through the open creases of my hand. "Before I managed to sneak in and see how you were doing, I overheard Normani bickering about something with your mom. Did you-"

"Yeah. I told her I was gay," I attempted to smile which failed miserably, leading to part of my lip to droop awkwardly. "And then I couldn't breathe, which is probably just a symptom of my Super Venti Chai Latte."

Camila shook her head with the same gleaming grin, "Supraventricular tachycardia, Lauren. You aren't as intelligent when you're loopy."

I shrugged, "I still know one thing."

"And what's that?" Camila snuggled closer to me, tightening the grip on my hand.

"That I like you. A lot."

"Scoot over, you're practically drunk," Camila nudged me slightly so I would give her enough room to lay next to me. "You don't mean the things you say. You're actually pissed at me."

"No, the drugs are gone," I shook my head vigorously, knowing my sentence was a complete lie; I was still high on medication. "Camila Cabello will you marry me?"

"Lauren Jauregui, will you go to sleep?" She moved her hand from my grip to my shoulder and moved closer to me, gently. 

"Only if you accept my proposal," I furrowed my eyebrows once she looked up.

"I will accept your proposal when you give me a ring," she lightly patted my cheek. "Now sleep."

I slid down my pillows and positioned my body on its left side to face Camila, slowing closing my eyelids, "Can I have a goodnight kiss?"

Just as my eyes came to a close, Camila faintly whispered, "I would if I could, but love is a bitch in the morning."

*

"Good morning, Lauren," Nurse Jackson's voice popped in. 

I sat up, alarmed in my bed, "Nurse Jackson? Am I dreaming? What are you doing here?"

"Your mother alerted me that you were having some issues, so I came for a small visit," she explained, gesturing to my mother who comforted herself in the same armchair, but didn't have a pleased expression on her face. I frowned at her action and then redirected my attention to Nurse Jackson who continued to speak with a more stern approach, "You're not allowed any visitors until the doctors clear you and allow it, Lauren."

"Okay? That's fine with me."

"Hmph," Nurse Jackson grunted with narrowed eyes. "Didn't seem so fine with you when Ms. Cabello was here this morning."

"What?" I shot up my posture.

"I heard she's back with Austin, I think they're so cute together," my mother popped in a more lighthearted tone that was the opposite of her face a few moments ago. 

"What!" I cried and bascially begged for an explanation with my gestures.

"I heard that as well on some Hollywood news show that was playing in the hospital," Nurse Jackson rolled her eyes. "Personally, I just think he's an asshole."

"I can see why," Clara shifted her head to make direct eye contact with me. "But I think Camila will be much happier with a man like him."

She knew. I could see in the deep depths of her glare that Normani was forced to spill out all the recent details of the Louis scandal; which included the past crush on Camila.

"Nurse Jackson, would you mind if I could speak to my mother in private?" I kept my stare on Clara, not glancing at the nurse until the door slammed shut.

"You dressed as up as a teenage boy and dated Camila?" My mother yelled and threw her hands in the air. "What, did you tape a penis to your vagina too for more effect?!"

"It was a dare that got out of hand!"

"My interest on you liking girls is at an all time low, Lauren Michelle Jauregui," she hissed. "But to play around with a girl like that? A girl that is your friend? And, and you kissed her!"

"Jesus, Normani doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut."

"It wasn't Normani," Clara's voice instantly dropped.

My eyes boggled, "Dinah?"

She shook her head, "I think we should call the doctor back in to discuss together what we are planning to do."

"Tell me," I commanded. "Tell me now or I'll ask the doctors to do nothing, and to let me die."

"You would do no such thing!" Her jaw dropped in shock.

"I have the rights, so be it."

Clara took a deep breathe before uttering the next word, "Camila."

"Camila what?"

"Camila told me everything."

[A/N] thank you so much for 1k votes!!! It means to much to me that people actually read and enjoy this story. I decided to update early, but you have to wait a bit longer for the next update. xoxo