Chapter 12

Draco tried to hide the fact that Harry's act didn't hurt him, but he couldn't. He knew the reason Harry reacted this way was his fault but that didn't stop it from hurting any less. He walked over to the door and knocked lightly on the closet door. His heart broke when he heard silent sobs and a slurred 'Go away." Tears finally fell from his eyes as he kept trying to get Harry to come out so Draco could say how sorry he was. He feared what would happen if he didn't reach him in tome. The thought of all the things that could happen terrified him.

As the week has passed, Draco has come to the realization that Harry holds no hate nor grudges against him and that his heart swells in love for Draco and Draco alone. Still even with this knowledge, it did nothing to eradicate the fear of Harry growing to hate him. The first couple of years were nothing compared to the last few and Draco dreaded the day that he woke up only to find that Harry had left him cold and alone.

By the end of tomorrow, Harry will be of the age twelve. The only thing that has Draco worried at the moment is the memories that are going to haunt Harry as he ages a year. Just the first onslaught when he aged to eleven was terrible, or so he heard. If it was that horrible then aging a year more every week must be unbearable, the memories getting worse. Draco was at a loss as for what he could do to help harry get through this. He didn't think he could stop and prevent the memories from happening, he just wished that he could take them all away, so Harry wouldn't have to go through that pain ever again.

Harry on the other hand, was bouncing on the balls of his feet. He couldn't wait to grow up and get past all this torture that he has been put through. All he wanted to do was claim his mate as his and just snuggle up for the rest of eternity. He just wanted a place he could call home for the first time in his life. A place with no bad men waiting in every dark crevice and corner of the house, a place he could be free and no one would judge him. He just wanted to be loved but was scared. He couldn't stop his instincts and that caused his feeling for his mate to grow. But he was scared. He didn't want to fall in love. Every time he made an effort to let someone into his piss poor life, the person ended up hurt or dead. Even if it was something as small as a favored plant or an animal buddy, something terrible always happened to them and it was always his fault. He didn't want to make the same mistake. He would rather die than to make his mate do something he obviously doesn't want to do and get hurt (possibly killed) for it. How would this be fair to Drake?

Harry curled up in on himself as he let his thought consume him. He didn't want anyone to be hurt because of him, he wasn't worth it. After what felt like hours of lying curled up with Ran, Harry stretched, getting the kinks out of his back, and walked over to the trunk that he knew belonged to his older-self. He ruffled through the belongings and found a small little box that he knew to be an IPod. He got a bit dizzy as his vision shifted and changed into a memory, Harry, almost dropping the IPod in the process. His older-self had earplugs in his ear and was listening to music (good music at that). He was curled up in a corner of the school library, crying and listening to music. Harry startled himself out of his memory. Looking down at the technology in his hand, he turned it on and put on a random song.

"Do you feel like a man when you push her around