Chapter 10

A few weeks have past and Harry was now ten years old. It was getting closer and closer to the time of the age eleven and Draco would never admit this out loud but he was so worried that he practically cried his eyes out at night. The thoughts of his little angel leaving him due to past differences made his heart clench with the familiar ache that was associated with heartache. Often did Draco forget that Harry was his mate and would never let some petty arguments from the past come in-between he and his mate.

Harry was now well aware that he was aging a full year every week. They couldn't keep it quite at the age he was now; it raised some quite suspicious questions. Harry knew all about Draco's worries, Draco being oblivious to this. Harry knew that even if Draco was cruel to him in his younger years that it wouldn't change the way he felt about him. As for what he was feeling about him, it was unknown to him. He knew he was quite possessive of the blonde, but he shrugged it off as the blonde being his new friend. Then there was the weird fact that he couldn't spend more than a few hours without Draco. Oh! And the most peculiar thing, normal humans didn't have animal appendages on them. There were too many unanswered questions and Harry's mind was spinning at the thought of them. He often wondered why he had to wear the same clothing everyday and why it was necessary for him to have raw meat at least once everyday, but you know, that's just another question to add onto the ever growing list. Another thing that kept happening was the fact that he kept getting episodes that were his memories from when he was a kid at the Dursley's. It got worse with each year as well.

Harry sighed as he watched over the passed out older teen. The boy passed out from the stress and panic at the thought of Harry becoming one year older. It sounded ridiculous but from what he had heard about their past, Harry could understand why Draco would be so worried; in fact, Harry would probably be in the same situation if it were him instead.

Harry draped a blanket over his Drake before going to his room. That was yet another thing that had changed between them, since Draco deemed him too old to sleep with him; he was moved into his own room again. Harry sensed another reason underneath. There was a reason that there was the saying look beneath the underneath. Harry believed that the true reason for being placed into his own room was the fact that Draco was scared… no not scared, petrified. Draco didn't want to lose his last piece of sanity, if he didn't, he didn't want to think what might become of him.

Trudging his way to his bedroom, he mentally prepared himself for what was to come tomorrow. Upon entering his bedroom he tucked himself into his bed and attempted to fall asleep. He has already taken his potion in the form of a milkshake, quite delicious.

Harry fell asleep as he was musing over what tomorrow was going to bring.

~.~.~.~.~

Draco woke up to what sounded like screams of bloody murder, and he was not exaggerating. He hurried into Harry's room and tried to wake him, but he wouldn't wake up. Panicking, Draco raced over to Madam Pomfrey's office (she practically slept there) and then once she rushed over to Harry, he damn near flew over to Snape before flying straight back to Harry (figuratively speaking), Snape in his tow.