Chapter 25: The Fever Continues.

Start from the beginning

"Shh." Wu soothed as he wiped the grimy sweat from her brow. "I need you to drink some water now." Wu softly pleaded with her.

(Y/N) grimaced, her eyes would flutter but not quite open. "Here, dear." Wu said tipped her against his shoulder to tilt her head back. So he could place the cup to (Y/N)'s mouth.

(Y/N) twisted her lips at the first drop of water.

"No, no." Wu said holding her head steady and her throat against his shoulder. He lifted the cup to her lips again. "You must drink before you rest again." Wu softly encouraged her.

(Y/N) groaned, her eyes fluttered. But this time she allowed Wu to carefully pour the water into her mouth.

"Good girl." Wu told her in a soothing voice. When Wu decided she'd had enough he gently laid her back down. "Time to rest, I think." Wu said with a satisfied sigh.

While (Y/N) rested Wu meticulously cleaned and put away the used medical supplies. He then checked in on Morro, then checked all the doors and windows. Stopping for some much-needed tea. Then right back to looking after (Y/N).

(Y/N) had begun to breathe heavily. And Wu reached for the tincture tea he'd prepared earlier.

"You're going to need another dose in the evening, I think." The Spinjitzu Master said to her and lightly patted (Y/N)'s stomach, causing her to twitch in her sleep. "I'll need to check your dressings then too." Wu informed the sleeping form. He felt it would be rude not forewarn her.

(Y/N) was struggling to wake up but Wu was able to lovingly stir her awake. Wu ran his fingers through (Y/N)'s matted hair to calm her. "Shhh, I'm here. You're safe with me." He said soothingly. "You're safe with me." The Spinjitzu Master whispered to her.

A routine began to take over the next few days.

Wu would wake up when the first light of morning shone through the small window in his room. He would drink some tea, meditate and check on Morro then Wu would prepare their meals. Then he'd look after (Y/N) throughout the day.

(Y/N)'s fever still hadn't broken and she was still battling the nasty infection.

Wu carefully sat her up, cupping a hand around (Y/N)'s chin to coax her mouth open. "Drink." Wu said softly, holding up his teacup to her lips. But (Y/N) was resistant, groaning and turning her head slightly.