"Well I'm pretty thirsty, and I'm sure the horses are too," he explained with a small snicker. "Not only that, but I think I need to take a bath."

You glanced at him and laughed. "You're right." You moved towards him and ruffled his hair, seeing a bit of dirt fall. You faked a disgusted face, causing Link to laugh a bit. Studying his face, you were able to see parts of his smooth skin smudged with dirt. You gently rubbed his cheek, trying to clean it off, but you knew a bath would serve him well. The contact made Link turn slightly red, but it wasn't too evident. You just guessed he was getting hot or something along those lines.

"Hmm, why don't you check the map? There has to be one nearby," you figured with a smile. You stepped back and continued setting up camp for the two of you. You organised everything pretty quickly and when you finished setting up your seperate beds —which consisted only of two blankets that acted as the bed and a quilt to keep warm— you sighed. It wasn't the most comfortable thing, but it served its purpose. You stretched your arms over your head and turned around. Link was looking down at his slate, searching for any sign of a lake near you two.

"I found one," he said happily after a few minutes. "It's not too far from here." He peeked up at you before returning his gaze back down.

"Go then, I'll stay here waiting for you."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Just take this." You held a finger up and grabbed a piece of cloth that was stashed in your satchel. "You can dry yourself off with that."

Link took it and smiled. "Thanks," he said, looking up at you. "I won't take long."

"You always say that and then you end up taking hours."

"Okay but I'll try my best on not taking too long. I promise."

"Mhm, sure," you rolled your eyes with a grin and began to look around for wood. "I'll have food ready by the time you're back."

Link's eyes lit up at the word food. He nodded and quickly ran off in the direction of the lake. You smiled and when you noticed a few branches on the floor you picked them up. "This can work," you mumbled. Turning on your heel, you went back and instantly began to start a fire. As the crackling flames started to grow, you scavenged through the bags, trying to make up your mind on what to cook.

"A soup would be nice," you thought out loud. You checked to see if you had any fresh milk and when you found some you took out the other ingredients. Time passed slowly as you cooked, but there was something enjoyable about that fact. Lately, you felt as if time slipped through your fingers. With all the travelling going on, days appeared to pass by in a blur. As you cooked, you did it slowly, with no rush whatsoever.

You stirred the boiling vegetable soup and when it looked ready you carefully removed the pot from the fire. With your wooden spoon you took a sip of the soup to taste it. The hot liquid almost burned your tongue, but soon the taste settled in, making you smile. You served the soup in two bowls, though you decided to wait for Link before eating.

You scooted back until you were resting against a tree but you faced the direction Link had gone. A small yawn escaped your lips as you waited, and before long your eyelids started to feel heavy. A small nap wouldn't hurt. You succumbed to your tired feeling and slowly drifted off to sleep. The cool breeze made you shiver slightly in your resting state and when you moved to hug yourself, you heard footsteps.

You jolted awake, looking in front to see Link in a crouched position close to you.

"Darn it," he muttered when he saw you open your eyes. "I was going to scare you awake."