ℂℍ𝟠

I've finished watching Vampire Knight on Netflix, and I'm honestly not impressed. There were TOO many plot twists and it was InSaNeLy boooooooorrrrrrrrrring. So I do not recommend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a lot of convincing, Levi finally went home at about midnight. Nothing serious happened, but we did state that we were "spoken for". It was comforting to know that Levi was willing to be patient with me. He seemed to sincerely care about me. I forgave him quickly, but to forget is a whole challenge on its own.

The next morning, as I was leaving my house, Levi appeared from behind me, riding his bike along the road. Suddenly, he pulled it right in my path and parked it, knocking the kickstand down. He immediately went to hug me, throwing his arms around my neck. His adoring stare hadn't changed from the night before.

"In a good mood?" I wondered, returning the affection.

He nodded and pressed his pale lips to mine briefly before offering, "Wanna ride with me?"

"How?"

He yanked me over to the tall bike and unlatched the stand. Then, he flung a leg over and turned his torso to face me. I chuckled as he stuck out his hand for me to take. I stepped closer and took his hand.

"Stand on the back wheel," He instructed. "Hold on to me and don't move until we stop. Trust me."

After a stumble or two, I was able to balance on the bike's hub bar and cling to Levi. The raven went somewhat fast but nothing too scary. The feeling of the wind through my hair was refreshing.

I wasn't entirely used to holding my bully so close, but I was quickly getting used to it. I would still flinch when he would suddenly take my hand or kiss me, and it would fill me with a sense of shame. This shame of mine was that I was still afraid of him even after he apologized and confessed. It was like an instinct of mine to recoil from his gaze, and every time I would fight it, knowing it wasn't a glare or a scowl. It was a desperate glance searching for hope of full forgiveness in my expressions.

We weren't far from the school and made it there fairly quickly, giving us plenty of time to sit in the gym. As Levi was locking his bike up, Armin appeared, trying to promptly pace away from Mikasa. The girl sprinted to keep up with him; however, when she noticed who I was standing next to, she was at an all loss for words.

"Welp, God, I hope you're with me." I prayed, laughing somewhat as Armin fearfully looked over to the overprotective, motherly figure.

Levi finished securing his bike and moved next to me, laying a hand on my back defensively. We shuffled over to the two, closer than Mikasa would have preferred.

"Hey, Mikasa," I greeted casually, "so I heard Jean's been giving you trouble again."

"Eren," she interrupted, "let's address the elephant in the room first. What the hell are you doing next to him, and why is he so...close?"

Levi scoffed at her rudely, earning a warning glare from me. He rolled his eyes and brought his arm all the way around me. Mikasa nearly flinched as a blush rose to my cheeks. Armin took a few cautionary steps back, waiting for the fireworks.

"So," I began, "Levi and I decided to hang out yesterday and overcome our differences. After some apologies and explanation, we became closer but not too close--if that makes sense."

"That a big difference," the girl mumbled, giving Levi a preppy scowl. "Eren, you're of sound mind, right?"

Levi physically restrained himself from throwing an offended punch between the eyes, seeing as I wouldn't have been too happy if he had hurt my friend. I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out a huge sigh of frustration from the two.

"Stop, Mikasa. You know I'm in a sound state of mind. Just chill out, please. He apologized and meant it." I stated firmly, crossing my arms. Levi smugly added on, "I even stood up for blondie when my brother was mistreating him, so get off my case."

Armin's eyes widened a fraction as his face darkened at Levi's reminder. He still hadn't got over what Erwin did, and I don't blame him. To be taken advantage of like that, there were no excuses for such a thing.

"Let's just move on!" I insisted, grabbing hold of Levi's hand. "Inside, everyone, before someone busts a nerve."

I sauntered past them, tugging Levi along with me before he was able to say any else to piss the dark-haired girl off. The two followed behind us, Mikasa silently mumbling profanities and Armin trying to cheer her up. Levi noticed how stressed I was and softly squeezed my hand, sending a message of "It's gonna be okay" to calm me down. I was actually taking a deep breath until a brute showed up.

"Hey, guys," Erwin greeted cheerfully, "mind if I join you?"

"Yes, we do mind!" was what I wanted to say, but I bit back the urge and simply shrugged, "Um sure, but behave yourself."

He nodded before trailing next to Armin, who skillfully avoided any affection from him. I, honestly, wanted to turn around and lecture him on how to treat significant others with respect, but I was already forming a migraine and wanted to just get through the day as quickly and quietly as possible. The universe decided against that.

"Hey, Mikasa!" Jean hollered from across the hall.

Mikasa growled silently before ushering us into the gym. Despite her attempts at hiding in the crowd of students, he shoved past Erwin and Armin to reach her. He was smart enough to not touch her again but not smart enough to take a few steps back. The girl shoved her elbow into his gut roughly for revenge of his antics yesterday. He almost toppled over onto the floor from her intense strike.

The group tried to skip over him, but the horse face was walking along behind us as if we wanted him there. I guided them to our usual spot in the corner. Levi usually hid in the bathroom to avoid everyone, but it was evident he wasn't letting anyone mess with me. He kept a close eye on Jean like he was an enemy. Levi pulled his hand out of my grip and placed it on my back once again.

I realized then that was his way of saying, "I've got you" when he was protecting me.

(A/N: Ok if you didn't squeal at that, then I don't know what will! That was ultimate gay cuteness.)

)