Neverland /3/

/This is an original oneshot by yours truly~ OUAT au, and a winterspider ship! similar to my other cringy story: 'Heart not the soul' so expect the similarities./

Summary:
There is a small backstory
between the soldier and the
boy... and when they were
going to find Romanoff's kid
and then they meet someone
that the two are familiar with.
...

2nd Night

News spread to the group, and the location was close at hand. But silence was lingering desperstely above each and ever figure as the fire crackled and roared in a whine. The air was dense and cold.

"We have the same goal. You want to get your son back, and I want to have a small chat with Pan." He said in a rough yet husky voice. "Seems like you have an interesting relationship with the demon other than... the visit Stevie."

That sarcastic tone of Bucky raised his eyebrows in suspicion, digging his icy orbs into the other's.

The air was heavy like Neverland around them, Dark, dense and horribly humid. Reluctance consumed the captain... -or known as Steve Rogers- in anger, guilt and hesitance.

"Bucky you wouldn't appreciate it... But, he killed Peggy, Believe it or not."

Nothingness choked the five companions. "well that was...inspiring." Natasha called out her opinion, in her sarcastic exhaustion. It was silent once again, Bucky leaned back on the tree he was resting on: "Well, what can we expect from a demon-child like that?" He said in a monotone, silently upset that the child----

The night went by, only one night to go till the deadline of Pan's 'game'

...

The day came but the skies were grey and murky, not at all like the day they had arrived. But who knew how many days and nights would be to count the time, footsteps crushed the vines and coarse grass in the forest to reach the location of the immortal boy. The invisible crackle of the fire and the silent cheers of the boys lingered but faded, it was so close yet so far...

as though Neverland was in a loop, slowly suffocating them like a disguised darkness but a heavenly utopia for the original habitants here...Oh how they wished that they could lounge in this disturbed nightmare

Pan was wrapping them around his finger.

"Pan..." The soldier murmured in aggresiveness, all he wanted to do was leaving this cursed place.

...

Pan watched the key pieces linger in circles as he had made them walk in a loop, Neverland was eerily happy and the vibe was heavy with dark happiness, keeping his eye on the certain captain and the sergeant... But James Buchanan Barnes wasn't one anymore.

"Steve, James."

He spotted Romanoff and his eyes showed a hint of sadness and pain.

"Romanoff..." it was like a growl of unhappiness, the island seemed to crackle with slight verocity.

"I'll see you soon, mother."

The harsh hazel orbs could glass and survey the island's feelings as it matched his own. What a wonderful thought, yet the truest believer had broken his cursed and darkened thoughts.

"Peter?" He peeked out of behind the tree and concern was dotted on his face, he seemed slightly shocked but smiled mischieviously at his other best friend Ned, his hazel orbs seemed to dim a little but still emit a playful happy smile.

"Peter, when will your mother arrive?" it was a cautious yet comfortable question.

The other didn't want to anger the immortal which showed no irritation to the sound on his face:

"Soon, If they don't figure out who I am in the last night then you'll be by my side right?" it faltered slightly but still sounded positive in it's own sense, but still...unemotional. "Yeah, of course! we all will, cause you're family to us!"

That made Peter smile his genuine smile, he hugged his friend as Ned led him back to where the camp was...

Peter had wanted to know how it would be to feel pure happiness... he did once before, he wanted that child-like innocence back. But he was lost and harmed from his childhood, his friends still had to be careful not to provoke too much... because of a few memories that broke him.

But now, his soul gave him instinct on how to feel, it was mixed with lost malice. "Peter?"

The boy didn't realise he was shaking, he was gripping the panpipes tightly as the harsh memory pierced him... he dropped the beautiful wooden work on the grassy floor, his hands wrapping gently around him in comfort.

"Peter. Peter look at me." MJ stated as she kneeled infront of the boy, Peter looked up as his eyes flashed with immense fear. The island began to shake and rain splattered down, he was then embraced as he began to cry.

He wondered what it would have been like if he had a normal childhood.

"Pete, he isn't here. You have us, remember that... but let it out... let it all out." This was a rare occasion when you see MJ really soft and motherly.

Peter let it all out as tears streamed down his face, the rain still trickled down on them as he clung to MJ for comfort. Then all of his friends hugged him...

"T-thank you alot... for being there for me." He gave a small smile as the skies stopped raining, the sky was a little grey but it seemed a bit lighter now. "Now where is that dorky smile that you show?" She nudged as the others crowded round... Peter smiled making them smile.

The skies cleared up but it still wasn't the beautiful blue.

...

The familiar gleaming hazel eyed, curly brown-haired boy had whisked infront of the tired group. A mischeivous smile plastered on his flawless face, "Well, time is running out...Tick tock, 2nd night and to no avail..." he eyed Rogers then gave a half appreciative smile at the other.

"Rogers, I see you still call yourself... Captain?"

There had been a reason to have heard this bitterness that both the immortal and the captain had fault on. Pan's glazed eyes pierced through each and every one of them, reading every movement and imagery... every delicate and small thought they had in their heads...

before staring at Romanoff with a slight cause of jealousy, and mixed emotions between pain and anger... then he quickly glanced at the soldier before turning away. "Romanoff. You seem so terrible at saving people, even the genius Stark..." He tutted and hummed

"Now... your son, he was happy to see me. Now why aren't you?" he taunted the female as her other companions stepped forward in defense but froze to the magic of Pan, this was his domain anyways. "Your son is delighted to meet you, how about a hint? listen to the twisted melody and follow." he aimed this statement at Clint and Bucky before disapearing without a word.

Pan was enjoying this little game of cat and mouse, the mice trying to grab the prize and return safely to their hole. But the prize went straight to the favour of the cat... oh how wonderful was the sight!

Now it was time for the personal visit of the Captain, Steve Rogers and the sergeant himself.

[Part 3]