-

Sitting in her room alone, Jayne decided it was time to confront Abraham, she just couldn't bear not knowing an answer as to why he had been holding onto something ludicrous. So she steadily prepared herself and crept towards his door and knocked.

Yet there was no answer, if he was inside, he would've definitely run to the door as soon as he heard it. So she ventured downstairs to see if he was in the kitchen, but he wasn't there either. Nor could Jayne see him outside through her window. She called for him. No answer.

"Abraham?" She tried calling again, looing outside another window facing the front garden just in case, but still, he was nowhere in sight. She bit her tongue, nearly drawing blood as he senses heightened.

She could not go outside and look for him. But he didn't even tell her he was going to leave the house, and for what? They had plenty of food, she could only fear the worst as to why he had left. She couldn't just leave him out there to do something stupid. The only person she had to worry for was Octavia, so as long as she doesn't run into her, it would be okay. Octavia sticks out like a sore thumb anyway, so it would be pretty easy to avoid her.

Jayne leapt up the stairs and grabbed a brown tatty jacket with a hood to hide her appearance, just to venture outside to see if Abraham was nearby.

She walked down the cobblestone street with her head down and strutted towards nowhere in particular, just circling the streets until she collided with someone who's clothing actual hurt her when she bumped into them.

She looked up to see a significantly tall man, wearing black metal armour and a scour on his face, "Sorry." She muttered, she did not take in his appearance for long, but it was somehow familiar looking. Yet she had no time to ponder on such things and continued moving.

She walked and walked and walked until she gave up, there was no sign of him anywhere. There was no way he would abandon her and leave Telepylos. So she looked up towards the shining palace, "There's no way..." Abraham was not stupid enough to venture up there.

She hoped.

Technically speaking, they would be allowed to go towards the palace as members of staff, and as long she didn't run into Octavia, everything would be alright. She does stick out like a sore thumb, so it would be easy to avoid her.

Yet everything she has done up until this point has been to avoid Octavia, do run up there now would be foolish.

But for what other reason would Abraham venture up there if he had? If he plans the confront Octavia then all would be ruined. She would know that she's in Telepylus and everything would've been for nothing!

But there was no time to hesitate.

-

The night sky was quiet as even the crickets decided to slumber under the moon and stars. And with such a quietness,  Chris was able to hear even the quietest of sounds. He kept his distance from the trailing couple as they reached the edge of the hedge maze, talking about some menial matter that neither actual cared for.

They plopped down on a stone bench to carry on their discussion, seeing as little movement was made for them to rise, Chris plonked himself on the grit path, quietly so they wouldn't hear him.

The night was dull for the most part, as they talked about uninteresting things for a few minutes until a certain name caught his interest.

"Yes, well I did have this friend once, Jayne Smith, she actually saved my life once." Octavia fawned, "she was just utterly amazing."

"Oh? How did she save your life?"

"Well... one night I was suddenly put into a coma, and she was able to wake me, who knows how long I would've been asleep for if it wasn't for her!"

"Wait... she did that? I can hardly believe that." He chuckled, in which lady Octavia grimaced.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Wait..." she gasped, "Do you know her Roderick?"

"What?!" He screeched, "No, no, nooo, not at all, it's just... I don't know, a 15-year-old girl being able to do that seems unrealistic... you know?" He sweated profusely.

Chris unconsciously leaned forward listening to them. Roderick... he had heard that name before. Did he know Jayne? And if so, why was he keeping it a secret from Octavia, how does this all tie together.

He knew Jayne had some problem with Telepylus and didn't want to stay here, but he never actually knew why. Was it because of Lady Octavia?

He couldn't finish his thoughts as he saw a sword from the corner of his eye swinging towards the lady.

On instinct, Chris drew out his sword and parried before the golden sword could cut Octavia's back.

The boy who held the sword fumbled back a bit, locking eyes with Chris, he held the same sword that the King's statue held, it was clear that the sword was a bit heavy on the boy, but that didn't stop him from swinging at Chris, who easily dodged his attack.

"You!" Octavia had quickly stood and turned around when she heard swords clanging. She pointed at Abraham, "You, you're that- that- that toad!" Chris and Abraham momentarily stopped fighting to stare at her, "You... what was your name again?" She did not seem to show the slightest bit of fear

Abraham's rage was suppressed as he was left dumbfounded, "Seriously?!" But the rage soonly sprouted again and he raised his sword to strike her.

It was Roderick's turn to act as he pulled out his sword to counter Abraham's, the last thing he needed was the heroine to die.

But with Abraham preoccupied with parrying Roderick, it gave Chris the perfect opportunity to plunge his sword through Abraham's back.

He couldn't even make a sound. An emerald decorating the handle of the sword turned into a ruby and his brown shirt was dyed into a warm burgundy. 

Three heads turned around when they heard a deafening scream coming within the maze and watched a girl they all knew, emerge and ran towards the body.

Her vision was distorted with all the tears that stained her eyes as blood was smeared all over her hands when she touched him, holding him, cradling him, "Get a doctor!" She cried and cried and cried and didn't stop until someone tried to pull her away, in which she violently struck them for daring to even touch her.

She saw the cheek of Octavia covered in blood, not that she cared. She could just trample her and wrap her hands around her throat and watch the light in her eyes flicker away.

She didn't realise that she was indeed doing that until Roderick yanked her away.

The commotion she caused was heard from within the Palace and people were quickly gathering outside to see what all the fuss was about. Desmideus recognised that shrilling voice anywhere and was fastest to dash outside. He was relieved to see she was not hurt, but the situation at hand was definitely not a desirable one.

-

-

A/N: I'm bored ask me any questions you have :)