Part 3

It was time for Jayne's and Octavia's picnic 'date' out in the countryside, Abraham, as a stable boy, helped straddle up the two mares that they would ride one and one for himself. The two girls came bouncing towards the barn as they met with Abraham who had punctually made everything ready for them.

"Octavia, this is Abraham, remember?"

Octavia looked at him and smiled, "Ahh yes, the help! Thank you for saddling the horses." She wondered off to her pure white horse and was able to steadily get on it by herself.

Abraham trotted towards Jayne and took the picnic basket off her to place it by his meeker horse.

Jayne was going to get on her horse, but then she remembered. She had never ridden a horse before. She tried to awkwardly jump on it, but all she managed to do was fall on her bum. She quickly got up before anyone could notice

"Here." But Abraham noticed her "let me." He got down on one knee and cupped his hands together for her to put her foot on it.

"Thank you."  She placed her shoe on his hands and hoisted herself up. And from the corner of her eye, she could see Octavia sneering at him.

The two girls rode up beside each other with Abraham following a few meters behinds, enjoying the view. They picked a nice place on the top of a hill so they look over the city. Abraham tied up the horses by a tree whilst Jayne and Octavia set up the picnic.

The two of them sat down and started to get out the food. Octavia quickly grabbed a sandwich Jayne had made "Gosh Jayne, These taste really good," She nibbled.

"Well, I did use to work in the kitchens for a bit, I remember one time I ate a bunch of sugar and I went absolutely mental."

They both giggled at her anecdote, Abraham chuckled to himself as he laid down next to his horse, stroking its hair, and listening to their conversation.

"Anyway, so because I was high on sugar, when I got off it, I was punished by having to clean out the stables. That's actually how a met Abraham." She turned back to look at him, and he was looking at her. When their eyes met, he gave a friendly smile.

Octavia, however, did not return the smile, she gently grabbed onto Jayne's shoulder to redirect her attention into herself, "That's nice Jayne," she changed the subject, "since I tried one of your delightful sandwiches, you should try one of my cookies that I baked."

She pulled out a bag of chocolate chip cookies and handed one to her. Jayne took a bite and Octavia looked on with expecting eyes.

"So?" She asked, seeming somewhat nervous.

They were absolutely gorgeous, of course, anything Octavia does is absolutely perfect, it's the curse of the MC.

"Wonderful." She spoke.

"Oh!" Octavia jumped and clasped her hands, "I'm so happy you like them." She seemed just a little too enthusiastic about Jayne liking them, but then again, Jayne didn't really know what her default personality was. Seeing as when you play the game, you play as Octavia and therefore get to choose her personality.

Jayne gently closed her eyes and let the wind breeze through her hair. She stood still like a painting, both of her admirers couldn't help but just silently bask in her serenity.

That was until she fell down.

"Jayne?"

She did not open her eyes

"Jayne!" Octavia shook Jayne's body, but she didn't respond. Abraham immediately sprinted towards her.

"Jayne!" He cried, reaching for her. His soul leaving his body.

"Don't touch her!" She shoved his hands off of Jayne.

Abraham could only glare towards her, the tempting idea of pushing her down the hill crept into his mind. But he had a bigger priority right now.

"We need to take her back to the castle." He spoke.

Octavia couldn't do anything but agree. He started to wrap his arms around her, "What are you doing?"

"I have a carry her back onto a horse, unless you want to do it?" Abraham knew that she wouldn't have the strength to carry her, so all she could do was reluctantly let him place his hands on her and mount her own horse.