Part 2

Her birthday was tamer compared to previous years. But she didn't mind. Sometimes calmness is pleasant enough. Although, with game logic, a moment of calmness births perennial calamity. So she was a bit tense, as always. But she wasn't the main character, so drama wasn't ensured all the time.

But it was two years until Octavia would remake her appearance, and while two years seems long, it will go by in a flash, and Jayne would have to leave before the announcement of the ball would even be made.

The ball was held because Desmiedues' father wants him to find a wife, due to him sleeping around with maids and countesses he may have at least half a dozen children he doesn't know about. Again, it is Octavia who goes the ball, they meet and yada yada yada you get the picture.

Everything was still going to plan, weeks passed and he got he physically healed from his injuries, he flirted a bit with her and she rebuffed. So he just found other girls who he could charm, nothing unordinary. Yet he would never give up, he was never overly eccentric with his advances, always having a bit of playful banter with Jayne rather than playing the sexy seducer which he did with his monthly maid. Yes, they were replaced quite frequently.

It was now the Prince's birthday, and of course, his birthday was a bank holiday. In the city of Aeolia, it was nothing too special, but in the capital. Oh the capital, it was a very, very different situation. The Prince lived here, so obviously the holiday is going to be a little bit more... festive.

Gold. Gold everywhere, golden ribbons, golden banners and golden crowns. It was the first time she saw him wearing his crown. Dressed in actual royal clothing. The entire outfit white, so white that looking at it in the light it reflected. Almost blinding those lucky enough to even glance at it.

A feast was held in his honour in the grand hall. She had two years. That ball would happen on his 18th when he's legally an adult. She stood in the great hall, biting her nail and tapping her foot, peasants were allowed in the entrance only to enjoy such lavishes. Beef, pork and wine-filled the air and enticed those who lived off bread.

"Hey." Abraham crept behind her, holding a chicken leg.

"Jesus!" Jayne flinched, being brought to reality.

"Who's Jesus?" Abraham took a bite.

"He's- no one, just, don't scare me like that, okay?"

"I'm sorry, but come on, you should enjoy the food." He took another large bite.

She stood back and stared at him, taking in his lousy face, "Have you drank?"

He burped slightly, "Maybe," he drew out, "But come on, Jayne, loosen up a little."

He flung the bone to a table and grabbed her hands, moving them back and forth with his, initiating a dance, which she reluctantly reciprocated.

"I can't possibly dance to this dull music." It was a classical orchestra playing some knock off Mozart on the inside balcony inside the hall directly above them. She pulled away from Abraham and glanced around the room, drunken peasants and guards off duty having to do this world's version of the Macarena.

She looked towards the end of the hall, where the thrones were, and guards on duty surrounding it, one of the guards being Christopherus Valencia, they steadily making sure no one gets past them. Desmideus sat on his throne, seeming rather bored, head resting in his hand and his right ankle resting on his left knee. The entire pose being very informal for such a public event. Not that anyone really cared. His father god knows where and everyone else is not paying him attention, apart from the few chants of 'thanks for the food!' and some maidens thinking they could give the prince a special 'gift' to him, all of them not even allowed past the guards to even try.