10. Dare You To Know

Start from the beginning

Jungkook stares, contemplating on what excuse he was going to say. He is quick to think, a quick witted, he need to pat himself for that. " So I could ask you what interests do you have in his case, I mean the dead body? "

" Oh. " Finally Jimin puffs, backing away with a smirk. Jungkook was grateful for it. His knees are shaking from the way Jimin was staring intently. " None in particular, you don't need to know. " Of course, Jimin knew it is about Yesung, but Jungkook doesn't have to know that they were talking about thesame dead body here.

" I am working with his case and I want to know who are these people that are taking interest of his corpse. They deserve to be regarded with suspicion as potential suspect for his death. "

Jimin frowns, getting confused as to what exactly Jungkook was trying to play : a prosecutor or a detective, more likely the latter one, very very nosy.

" So I am a potential suspect, is that what you were trying to tell me? "

Jungkook's corner upper lip lifts a little, something piques his interest. " You tell me, are you? "

Jimin pursed his lips as he releases a low chuckle, " Why don't you investigate me yourself? If I am one though, I'm not dumb to turn myself in your custody. " Totally mocking the prosecutor.

" Then I guess I have to hold onto you until I'm convinced that you are not going to do anything that will ruin my investigation. " Jungkook stated firmly, while tightening his grip on Jimin's wrist. It was only that time the latter realized that the prosecutor was still holding his wrist.

Jimin eyes grew wider as he begins to remove the grip. " Let go. " He warns when Jungkook didn't relent to his yell.

" No. You are not going anywhere near the dead body. "

Tsk. " You let go of my wrist or I am going to hurt you?! "

Jungkook swallows the lump in his throat, but then he refuses to cave in. " No. And if you continue to struggle on my hold, I have the right to resort into force in oder to arrest you. "

" What are you, a police officer? You can't do that. "

" I can impose citizen arrest. Plus factor that I am a Prosecutor. I can do that. " Jungkook confidently said it.

" What? You need a warrant before you can effect an arrest on me. I wasn't doing a crime so you can't just arrest me without it! Your mere suspicion doesn't matter, you need a probable cause showing that I am indeed a threat. " Jimin scowls.

Jungkook smiled, he doesn't even know why he was feeling proud of Jimin all of a sudden. Jimin was shocked, realizing what he has said. Slowly pressing his lips together, biting its lower part after as he looked away. Those words came out of his mouth naturally.

(I'm not sure if I mentioned it before during the previous chapters) But Jimin knew few about laws. He also wanted to become a lawyer. But because he lacked money and that his fate didn't permit him to be one, he gave up that dream, not completely though because he was still able to find time to sneak into a room, sitting in on a class to listen lectures in law school. He's witty and have a good retention from all the discussions he had attended.

Jimin felt the soft squeeze on his wrist, a tingling sensation runs into his veins, making his body's hair stand. The intense feeling is too much. He immediately throw a quick look at Jungkook to scowl but his piery gaze met a wide-eyed Jungkook instead. It seems like the prosecutor didn't expect what he did too.

They end up staring at each other, after Jungkook met his gaze. It was at that sight that someone chimes in with a forced noise against his throat.