8

''And that concludes today's seminar

''And that concludes today's seminar...'' Mrs Collins finishes her presentation. ''Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone.'' 

I follow the cluster of students exiting the room, and while doing so, I grab my phone, seeing a few messages from the group chat from our dorm, and also a text from Kori. 

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

Kori

Hey, Rachel. Text me when you finish.

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

It was sent ten minutes ago. I reply back.

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

You

Hi, where are you?

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

Kori responds almost instantly.

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

Kori 

I'm in the coffee shop on campus. 

The one we passed on our way to class.

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

You

I'll be there in ten minutes. 

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

 I exit the main building and walk into the open square where many other students are either changing classes, socialising with friends, or simply on their phones. The trees surrounding the square rustle above me as I pass, the breeze skimming through my hair, calming my thoughts on today's seminar. 

I continue through the campus until I see the coffee shop. It's quite a small building, but it has many chairs and tables extended outside. The autumn sun's beams reflect off the glass windows, blinding me for a few seconds before my eyes adjust to the busy scene. 

The shop and surrounding area are packed with students but through the small crowds of friends dotted around the cafe, I spot a redhead sitting on a table, clutching a takeaway plastic cup in her hands, probably filled with hot chocolate, her favourite drink since, since forever. 

She takes a sip, and then her bright green eyes meet mine. 

''Kori!'' I smile, pushing all my doubts behind me, as I approach my friend. 

''Hey, Rachel! I got you a herbal tea,'' she responds, pushing a plastic cup towards me.

''How much was it?'' I fumble through my backpack, but Kori stops me.