Chapter 126: Inflamed Thievery (EP. 01)

The last thing Lars had heard was the loud cry of a baby. The eerie noise repeatedly echoed inside his head as the horrifying scene of the lone inmate scooping up the heirs swaddled in white mercilessly replayed hundreds of times.

So here they are, the entirety of the Royal Guard, the entirety of the castle staff, gathered in the Great Hall, already praying for the kingdom to not be encased in pure, solid ice. Or worse, every inch of the kingdom devoured by hell bent forces of flames.

The two powerful beings that had the capabilities to cause those just stood there yards away from them, and Gerda suddenly shivered by how cold the room was getting. Which only meant one thing.

The Queen of Arendelle is distressed.

"We only have one day..." Aiden icily snarled, "Just one day we are allowed to do whatever we wish to do. Tell me, all of you, is that too much to ask for?"

All heads except the Royal Family's shook in a frantic pace in unison.

"THE SCOUNDREL JUST STOLE ARENDELLE'S FUTURE!" Aiden boomed in outrage, heat suddenly encasing his balled fists, "HE TOOK TWO, INNOCENT INFANTS!"

Helena shuddered in discomfort by her son's loud voice. This was the first time she had seen him so uncontrollably furious, Aiden was already seething menacingly.

If one could have been so careful in observations, they could've seen that deadly emerald glow found in the King of Arendelle's irises.

It was only Magoo who had the guts to forwardly speak up without breaking into a nervous wreck. His hand stiffly went to his forehead, forming a firm, salute.

"We will search every corner of the kingdom, and this time, the Arendelle Royal Guard is not allowed to fail."

Aiden only nodded as a response. But his expression remained stoic, but no one could blame him. They understood his situation completely. He is a father, and every parent could've reacted the way Aiden did.

The startling sound of knees falling against the polished pristine floor terrified each staff member thoroughly. Aiden rushed down to his beloved wife's side, holding her in his arms in emotionless comfort.

The couple was a tornado combined, and everyone is a casualty of the Snow Queen's muffled, heart breaking cries.

Anna parted away from Kristoff and slid by her sister's body, rubbing circles in her back as she whispered sweet nothings which obviously took no effect.

"The poor dear," Gerda sadly spoke in a remorseful tone. Not one single soul watched the army of guards march out of the Great Hall to fulfill their one task.

"... I think it would be best if you all just speak nothing of this in public." Iduna mirthlessly announced, "You are all dismissed."

Elsa just wished that everything would just fade and turn out to be one of those cruel dreams, that once she wakes up she'll meet both of her precious children's face. Either Auriana's gummy smile or Chandler's sleeping form.

"... A-aiden..."

The soft call of his name made him look towards her face, which tore his world apart. Her visible cold breath met his warm one, and he resisted the urge to look away when she needed to see him the most.

Her eyes reflected sad stars.

"Oh, snowflake," He sighed with a watery gaze, holding her tighter. Anna petted her sister's hair reassuringly, nuzzling her head against her back.

"W-what if," Her voice was barely a whisper, "... they'll get hurt? W-what if they'll starve?"

He caressed her lower jaw weakly, "We'll find them within two days." Elsa whimpered and cried, "I want my babies back."

Each heart inside the room swelled heavily the second they heard the ice queen's brokenhearted desire. Aiden sniffled and rasped with whatever's left of his voice, "I know, pretty eyes. I know."

"... They'll just keep crying and crying and I won't be able to cradle them close..."

Shards turned to crushed fractures as she spoke between sobs. The pressure weighed heavier than it should be on the fire king's shoulders.

"We'll find them, we'll find them..." Aiden tearfully assured.

One of the most unsure statements he has ever said in his entire life.

"I would like to join the search."

All heads turned to Helena.

"It's too dangerous, m-mama," Aiden responded hoarsely, "He'll attack you the moment he sees you."

"When it comes to weapons, Abaddon has everything but one," Helena slowly lifted her hand and sparked up a dancing flame, "He doesn't have fire."

"She's right, Aiden, we're joining the search, too." Kristoff volunteered next to his father in law.

"Do as you all wish," Aiden pressed Elsa's head against his chest while he spoke sagely, "Except for you, Anna. I deeply apologize, but we cannot simply put your unborn child in danger."

"I'll stay with her," Iduna nodded, "We'll keep an eye over the kingdom."

"But he couldn't have travelled too far, right?" The ginger hesitantly cuts in, "There's even a possibility he's still on the loose."

"Anna's right," Elsa acquiesced, facing her husband confidently, "That's why I'm coming too."

Aiden's eyes signified disapproval, "B-but you might get hurt!"

"And so could our babies," Elsa bluntly refused, "I'd hate to argue with you, lover, but I have to if you're still having second thoughts on letting me join the search."

"There's nothing really stopping you, so there's no point in arguments," Aiden smiled slyly, "I don't want to be a roadblock."

"Thank you," Elsa planted a kiss on his cheek.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"So this is my lovely grandchildren," Abaddon smirked.

Chandler blinked at his contemptuous grandfather blankly, sucking on his pinky finger as he did so.

Auriana simply lay next to her twin brother with round, emerald green eyes which made the prisoner's stomach churn in disgust, since those very irises were inherited to none other than his son.

The dimly lit area in the dark, weary side of Arendelle was going to be very hard to trace since the place almost blends in with the shadows.

The wooden planks scattered around the abandoned and aging warehouse are covered with green moss which symbolized how old the place was.

The cold air sent Abaddon to chill and rub his hands together, but the infants fortunately were wrapped with thick blankets.

"It's a simple message from me to them, really. It's either they give me the kingdom, or they'll never see you both again."

Abaddon evilly cackled.

The little prince instantly released his small foot and heartily laughed. Auriana's lips curled upwards in amusement to the noises the older man made.

Abaddon looked at them and frowned, perplexed.

"Why are you two laughing?! What's so funny?" He demanded hastily, as if he talked to an adult.

Chandler giggled.

"Be quiet, you little brat!"

Auriana squealed.

The prisoner finally sighed. This was going to be harder than he thought.