Greater Demon: Odium (Part 4)

The group stared down the demons in front of them. Joshua staring directly into the Greater Demons eyes, he awaited for it to make its move. The Demon smirked and waved his arm down for his army to attack.

The minions ran towards the trio, as did they. They met in the middle clashing into one another. Joshua conjured a long staff made of Lumen and began swinging it at the Minions. As he struck them with it, the minions dissipated into a thick black smoke that lingered in the air. Victoria was striking down then Minions by casting her Green Magic as was Ron with his sword.

The Greater Demon stood behind the action, observing his Minions do his deed. Joshua look at the Demon standing there and tried to get closer to it. As he did, Odium sent more Minions out for Joshua to get through. He continued to strike them down but as the numbers grew, it was getting more difficult to tackle them all.

"Victoria, Ron! Get over here!" Joshua shouted.

They fought there way through the Minions to meet up with Joshua.

"What do you need?" Shouted Victoria as she continued to blast the Minions with her magic.

"I need to get to Odium, if I don't stop him, he'll keep summoning more of them and we won't be able to handle them all."

"Alright, lets fight our way though to the Greater Demon then!" Shouted Ron

The group struck down the Minions while slowly making there way towards Odium. As they got closer, Odium summoned more waves of Minions to enter the fight. They were now in the thousands. As more entered, it began to get difficult for the group to even move because of the amount of Minions around them.

"This is not going to work. There's too many of them!" Shouted Ron

"Just keep fighting through!" Shouted Victoria

Joshua looked around as he fought his way through the minions, he knew they were clearly outnumbered and he had to do something to even the odds.

He lifted his staff to the sky and summoned lightening. It hit his staff with a mighty roar and filled it with an electrifying glow. He used his power to jump incredibly high into the air and pointed his staff towards the ground before plummeting back down to the ground with incredible speed. As the staff sank into the sand beneath them, bursts of electricity escaped from the rod, going through the minions like a chain, taking out hundreds of them in seconds. The gap towards Odium was now all that closer. The group ran towards him but as they did, it summoned more waves of Minions to aid him. They ran quicker to try and make their way through before the minions closed them off.

"Joshua go! We can take these, get to Odium now!" Shouted Victoria

Victoria and Ron continued to fight off the Minions whilst Joshua made a run for Odium. He slashed through the Minions before making a huge jump over them, landing at the feet of Odium himself. Joshua looked up to see the Greater Demons glare from his one working eye.

"It's over Odium, release the page and surrender." Said Joshua

"Ha! Surrender? Do you really think I would do such a mundane thing as Surrender? I am going to rip you apart and send you to the Dark Lord himself personally."

"Then I will do what I must" Said Joshua as he guarded himself with his staff of Lumen.

Odium swung a punch towards Joshua, but he quickly jumped and landed on the arm of the Demon. He ran up it, striking it with Lumen on the way up. Odium shook around tried to grab Joshua off of himself, but he was too quick and small for him to catch.

After striking him with multiple hits of Lumen all over Odium's body, Joshua jumped off and as he landed, he struck it with a blast of lightening. Odium ran towards Joshua and blasted him with a forceful push of its magic, sending Joshua across the field face down. Odium rushed over and jumped in the air to pounce on him. Joshua quickly came to, turned around and saw the Demon above him. Joshua used his power to push the Demon back and sent it flying. The Demon landed and began to run back towards Joshua. Joshua also began to run towards the Demon, as he did he summoned a army of swords behind him, all coated it Lumen. With a wave of his hand, Joshua sent the swords towards Odium in all directions. As the Demon thought off the swords, Joshua summoned a huge chain made of Lumen and began to swing it in the air. With the Demon occupied with the swords, Joshua threw the chain towards the Demons legs. It wrapped around them tight and held the Demon in place. The Lumen began to burn into the Demons legs as it cried out in pain. Joshua pulled the chain with a might of power, causing the Demon to topple over. As the Demon made it's way to the floor, Joshua summoned another chain and tied up the Demons arms so it was unable to move. As Odium hit the ground a loud thud echoed across the desert. Joshua ran over to the Demon and jumped onto its stomach.

As Odium struggled to get out of the chains, they clasps tighter to its skin, burning deeper into its flesh. Joshua walked up to the Demons chest and looked into its one eye.

"It's over, where is the page?" He asked.

"I will never hand you it. I will die before I do."

"So be it!"

Joshua summoned Lumen and began to power it up. As it cycled around his hands, it got stronger and brighter. He aimed his hands at the Demons chest and struck it with a beam of Lumen. As it hit the Demon, it let out a scream so loud the Minions all fell to the ground completely lifeless. Joshua continued to blast Odium with his Lumen. As it tor through its body, Joshua began to sense the page within the Demon itself. After reaching the centre of the Odium's insides, he could see the page wrapped around the Demons heart. He stopped blasting Odium with Lumen and dropped into the hole he created. Joshua grabbed the page and ripped it from the Demons heart. He then refocused his Lumen and blasted the Demon from the inside at all directions. Beams on Lumen blasted out from the Demon in all directions, then suddenly, Odium exploded into thousands of pieces that cascaded across the desert floor.

Joshua stood in the centre of the massacre, panting for his breath with the page in his hand. With the Minions defeated, Victoria and Ron ran over to Joshua.

"Ugh, I think I'm going to be sick" Said Ron as he gagged.

"Well that's one way to get rid of a Greater Demon. A bit messy though don't you think?" Said Victoria

Joshua, covered in blood and guts from head to toe, stood there continuing to pant and holding tight onto the page.

"Is everyone alright?" He asked

"Yeah, we're good. But I think you are in great need of a shower." Said Victoria

"No kidding. But we have the page, that's all that matters." Said Joshua

He summoned the Lucidus and attached the page back to its rightful place.

"Alright, let's get out of here. We'll head back to the Portum in the desert for now before we plan our next move. Victoria, can you close the Gate?" Said Joshua

"Sure thing, you did well Joshua."

"Thanks, we all did. I couldn't have defeated it without all your help, from both of you."

Victoria closed the gate and they made their way to the Portum. The remaining Minions on the ground turned into smoke and vanished in the desert breeze. The sun began to rise and the group were in high spirits from their latest victory.