Seeing The Light

Joshua stared at the book, gazing at the symbols as they began to glow once more. He slowly opened the book to see a blazing stream of light burst through the pages. In awe of the bright stream of power emerging from the book, he dropped it to the floor to cover his eyes with his hands to see no effect. The light was to bright for his hands to even block it. All he could see was pure white, then it slowly began to fade out outlines. Slowly it began to fade down for him to see him self not in the ally he was before. Tall buildings in all strange shapes and sizes, pathways as bright as day.

Strange large creatures flying through the sky. But most importantly, in front of him stood a beautiful woman. With hair as white as snow, eyes that glistened in the bright light that illuminated from this place. A gown that flowed with the breeze that passed by so gently. She looked at Joshua with a smile on her face as if she knew him. She approached him and looked at him from eye to toe. Joshua was startled, confused and worried from the events that fell before him. Questioning everything that his eyes could see to the question of 'Is this real?' She saw Joshua's uncomfortable state and tried to reassure him that everything is well.

"You have finally found your path; Joshua"

"My path? Who are you? Where am I? I was just in an alley... How did I get here? What the hell is going on!"

She just stared at Joshua once more, saying nothing for but a moment.

"So many questions to which you already know the answers to child"

"What?"

"Take a look around Joshua, does this place not seem familiar to you?"

Joshua, puzzled by the woman's question, he began to take it all in. Gazing around him, seeing everything for a second time. Then it struck him like a bullet to the chest. He froze as he stared at the centre of the city to see a great building risen from the rest in the distance that looked just like the one out of 'Mythical Creatures and Origins' By Mr. Hemsworth.

"This...This is the City of Light. Its... Its real."

"Everything you have experienced in the short time you have lived has been real Joshua. The dreams, the strange feelings of being different. Everything has purpose to what you have seen dreamed and heard."

"You know everything that has happened to me? How? You must tell me what it all means"

"In good time Joshua, everything will be explained. Your journey has only just begun. There is so much for you to know and understand. What you have experienced in your lifetime on earth is only but a tear drop of the waterfall that destiny has in store for you. Come, let us head to the Great Temple. It is here where your journey continues."