73

No ones POV

It's been two days since everything happened. Taylor, Vic, Avery and Aileen were going dress shopping today for prom.

"We shouldnt go all out though it's not like it's our senior prom." Taylor said while turning into a parking spot.

"I agree. Lets just get cute subtle dresses, next year is when we go all out." Vic said.

They all walked into the boutique and went their separate ways. Avery and Mattia were originally gonna wear gold but Avery changed it last minute to burgundy her most favorite color.

As she searched through most of the store she had lost hope, she couldn't find a dress she liked. Everyone else did and it didn't sit well with her.

"Do you need any help?" A worker asked her.

"Uh yeah I need help finding a dress for my prom next week.." She nodded and led Avery to a side she didn't see.

"I have the perfect dress. You know we were about to throw these out but I think it'll look amazing on you." She pulled out a spaghetti strap dress that stopped just above the knee. She handed it to Avery and pushed her into a changing room.

"I love it.." Avery whispered from behind the curtain.

By now all of her friends found her and were waiting outside with the worker to see the dress. She walked out and everyone's jaw dropped.

"You look beautiful!"

"Ahh!"

"That's the one Avery!"

She looked at herself in the mirror again, twirling around and smiling big.

"Take it. I will pay for the dress. You look amazing. I never got to go to any of my proms so live that night for me?" The worker said. Avery nodded and walked back to the front of the store after changing.

"Thank you for the dress!" She said as she walked out with the bag.

"I can't believe you got it for free." Aileen sat down on a bench around the corner and so did the others.

They made small talk until the sun was no longer visible.

"This was a very successful day and I don't even have to buy shoes because I have the perfect ones at home for this dress. All I have to do is get my nails done."

Taylor started making tiktoks and everyone joined in. It was a very fun night and Avery wasn't stressed about anything.

Averys POV

I couldn't wait to go home and tell Mattia I got the dress but I was also thinking to surprise him on the day of.

"Avery your mom wants to talk to you." Natalie walked in and laid down on the mattress on the floor for her.

I made my way across the hall and sat on the bed with Mariano.

"Hey stupid."

"Shut up big head." He pushed me. We waited for my parents to come out and tell us what they wanted to tell us.

My mom came out of her bathroom and closed the door to her room locking it behind her.

"It's not looking good for Natalies dad. He's not doing so well. Francisco spoke to his brother and got told this today. It looks like if he does pass away, then Natalie is going to move in with us permanently and we will have to move houses because there is just not enough rooms. But don't worry we're still going to be in New Jersey just a different house." I slowly nodded my head and kept listening.

"Did you tell Nat?" I asked. My stepdad came out of the bathroom and shook his head.

"She knows nothing. Avery continue being nice to her please she needs it. She also needs a shoulder to cry on. I've been looking at houses and there's one about ten minutes away from here with six rooms and five bathrooms. Definitely a step up but these things take time. There's an open house on sunday and we're all going."

"Okay." I got up and left. I don't really know what to think with this information. It bums me out honestly so I decided to call Mattia.

I grabbed a pillow, my phone, and blanket and went to the basement to be alone there.

"Hey" he mumbled.

"Hey baby.."

"You sound upset, what's wrong?" Mattia asked.

"Just bummed out. My uncle isn't doing so well at the hospital.."

"Wanna come over?"

"Yeah." 

"I'll pick you up in like five minutes." I hung up and went upstairs to change clothes and wait for him in the living room.

"Avery, Stella told me everything and I just want to say if you're smoking be careful please I don't want you to get addicted."

"It's fine mom it was only one time." She can't be serious right now.

"Also if moving will help your career we just might have to do it."

"No that's fine. If anything she can just fly me out there and then I come back." There was a beep outside and I quickly got up.

"Be back by 12."

"Bye mom."

"Bye i love you"

I walked to his car and noticed how tired he looked. We kissed and I put my seatbelt on.

The car ride was silent and the only noise was coming from the radio. When we got to his house we immediately went down to his room and locked the door.

I laid down in the spot I usually lay in and he went next to me. Mattia brought me in closer resting his hand on my ass and running circles around it. I felt myself slowly drift off to sleep but woke up because of him.

"You think I picked you up to sleep over here?"

"Yes now shut up." I turned my back to him and heard him chuckled getting closer to me.

****

I slowly opened my eyes and turned to face Mattia. While doing so, I caught a glimpse of his alarm clock and noticed it was 2 am.

"Fuck Mattia wake up!" He jolted up from his sleep.

"Wha-"

"My moms gonna kill me." I said while putting my shoes on.

"That was a bomb ass nap." He rubbed his eyes and got up. We went out his back door and to his car.

"Bye." We kissed goodnight and I ran inside. Natalie was on the couch using her phone.

"I covered your ass!" She whispered at me. I looked at her confused.

"Your mom was asking for you and you weren't even here so I put pillows on your bed to make it look like you were sleeping. Also some kid came and was knocking at your balcony door." She got up and we both walked up to my room.

"Thanks for covering me I owe you one. And that definitely had to be Kairi, he's always doing that."

I turned off the light and went straight to bed. That nap really drained me.

_

been updating for three days straight 🥺
and thank you for 82k!!
this new cover is my favorite thing rn. it's so hot omg