My eyes made contact with the many books that spoke of the history behind wolves. What shocked me was the originality of them. Not only that, but there was so much more to choose from. The books here looked like they held more truth than rumors.

I grabbed onto a book that I had never taken my time out to explore: boundhunters. The minute I pulled open the cover, my heart immediately sank to the bottom of my feet. Their stories were horrific.

Boundhunters first splurged two generations ago. It took a man by the name of Bates Novak. He was a beta of his pack, but one day he decided to kill his luna. At first no one knew the type of power luna's held. It wasn't until her blood granted him immortality that he realized how powerful he could become.

With the omegas he picked off from packs, he formed a new group. This group was called the boundhunters. Omegas were always the weakest of the pack which is what made boundhunters so weak.

As my eyes continued to skim the pages, I caught sight of the queen at the time. The beautiful woman who tried with all of her power to fight off the boundhunters. They weren't aware of the weapons they created due to the power of a luna. Their technology was so advanced that it took the werewolf community by surprise.

She died trying to protect her family.

"What are you doing?" A voice asked as I looked up in the direction of the sound of it. When I realized it was no one other than the king, I continued to read through my book.

"We aren't on the phone, Alpha King sir. You can obviously see what I am doing," I spoke sarcastically while my eyes never left the book. He snatched it from my hands leaving me to glare at him. It was a mistake to look at him, it brought this feeling throughout me that I seemed to hate.

I watched as he threw the book far away from me before grabbing onto the top of my arm and dragging me towards his chest. My eyes never left him, all I could was get lost into his beautiful eyes.

"There is a pack meeting tomorrow in the morning at nine. You are especially expected," he said. All I could do was nod my head. He let go of my arm and began to fully retreat to where he came from.

Suddenly, it was like my body had a mind of its own as I grabbed onto his arm. He stopped momentarily before turning towards me with a raised brow. I bit down on my lip trying to come up with something to say. I shouldn't even need an excuse just to be in the company of my mate. I'm sure he felt the pull too which is why he came here.

"I just wanted to say that you look really sexy in that shirt," I said with an innocent smile playing out on my lips.

It probably wasn't the best thing I could've said, but it was the first thing that popped into my head. He glanced down at the shirt he was wearing and gave me a confused look. "A v-neck?"

"You're right. You look so much better bare."

I really need to find a filter. I've never had one, but as a queen it was slowly becoming inappropriate. He didn't say any other word as he turned back around and began to exit the room.

"Goodnight!" I called out, but the door had slammed shut. My idiocy slowly dawned on me when my shoulders sagged in defeat. With him around, I forget that he doesn't want anything to do with me.

"That was hilarious to watch," Onyxia muttered out, barking with laughter. I deserved her teasing seeing as I treated her poorly. All I could do was roll my eyes and accept defeat.