Amigos

Andrea and Amy are sitting in a canoe on the quarry lake fishing. They talk about how their father taught them different fishing knots based on Andrea's need to catch the fish, and Amy's need to throw them back in the water. Both feel nostalgic when they realize that their entire family was possibly dead and that now they only counted on each other. In the distance, Dale is keeping watch on top of his RV when suddenly he notices Jim furiously digging holes in a nearby field above the camp.

On the rooftop in Atlanta, an enraged Daryl points his crossbow at Allen but eventually relents when Rick aims his revolver at him and threatens to shoot. Daryl puts his crossbow down and asks Glenn for a do-rag in which he proceeds to fold up Merle's severed hand and place it in one of the backpacks. They notice a trail of blood heading towards the door and decide to follow it to find Merle.

Back at the camp, Dale approaches to talk to Jim, who refuses to answer why he was digging the holes. Meanwhile, Amy and Andrea present the group with their large lines of fish they obtained. Carl asks them to teach him how to fish like that while Lori remains impressed by the sisters' efforts. Dale interrupts the excitement to express concern over Jim and points him in the nearby still digging.

In the store, Daryl shoots a walker with his crossbow and notes that his brother managed to kill two walkers in the room. The trail of blood leads them to a kitchen, where they find Sterno cans burning next to a piece of iron crusted with skin. They speculate that Merle had cauterized his stump and had escaped from the building through the window. Rick apologizes to Daryl and agrees to help him search the streets for his brother. Allen replies they need to retrieve the bag of guns.

At the camp, the group approaches Jim to find out what was happening, but he continues without explaining why he was digging. Lori tells him that he was scaring the kids. Jim says that they should be scared because they were all going to die soon. Shane is forced to take action and tackles him to the ground. Subdued, Jim cries over the death of his wife and children, revealing that the only reason he managed to escape alive was because the walkers were busy eating his family.

In an abandoned office in Atlanta, Glenn outlines a plan to retrieve the bag of guns on a whiteboard. Daryl will cover his back from the alley behind the store, while Rick and Allen will cover him from another alley two blocks away. Daryl asks him his profession before the outbreak and Glenn answers that he delivered pizzas, which impresses everyone.

Glenn carries out his plan and runs to the tank. In the alley, a teenager named Luis sneaks up on Daryl from behind. Daryl quickly turns and points his crossbow at him, so Luis begins to scream in Spanish. Glenn picks up the bag of guns and Rick's hat in time and heads back to where Daryl was. Upon hearing the screams, Rick and Allen run towards the alley as well. Daryl is jumped by two other men, Hector and Guillermo, who also attack Glenn when he arrives at the alley. Daryl manages to shoot an arrow into Hector's butt, causing him to drop the bag while yelling in pain. The bandits instead kidnap Glenn and drive away, leaving Luis and the bag of guns behind.

At the camp, Shane has tied up Jim to a tree and is offering him some water. Jim apologizes for scaring the children before and reveals that he had been digging the holes because he no longer believed they would be saved. Shane concludes that he possibly only suffered from heatstroke and promises to release him once he feels better. When everyone leaves, Jim ominously tells Lori not to let Carl out of her sight.

Back inside the abandoned office building, Rick and the others are confused about what just happened and then they decide to hatch a plan to rescue Glenn. Although Luis initially refuses to collaborate with them, Daryl persuades him by scaring him with Merle's hand. Shortly after, a tied-up Luis leads Rick, Daryl, and Allen to the outside of an abandoned library where the leader of the bandits, Morales, emerges. Rick proposes a simple hostage exchange, but Morales demands that he also wants the bag of guns and gives them two options: next time they return with the bag of guns or they return ready to fight.