Car Accident (3/Final)-Family Ties

One by one, each Keaton fell into a light sleep. Eventually, the sun rose. Elyse grabbed coffees for the group and they sat down and waited. Some tried to read magazines, but couldn't concentrate.

After three days of constantly only leaving to get food, clothes, and shower, there was finally a development. Doctors and nurses alike started to inform the Keatons of movement. They were finally allowed in her room. They walked in and all immediately started tearing up. Upbeat, brilliant, talented, independent Jennifer now asleep in a bed. She had stitches in her forehead and bandages stuck to her face. Bruises and scratches lined the areas of skin they could see. Steven broke down at the sight of his daughter and had to leave the room to calm down and take a second. Nick took her hand in his and kissed it, before excusing himself so the family could have some alone time. Mallory pulled a stool up and sat down on it, combing Jennifer's hair back with her fingers.

"I did her hair that day. She couldn't figure out how to get the back of her hair so I did it," Mallory said. Alex walked behind her and started massaging her shoulders. Andy ran up to the bed and sat down on the side. Elyse pulled him off, telling them that he didn't want to hurt her. He agreed and instead, settled for kissing her forehead, just like she would do for him, and walking to stand behind his mom. Steven walked back in, face paled. He kneeled beside his daughter's bed and took her hand in both of his, kissing it and whispering something inaudible to the others.

"Come on Jenn wake up. We're all so worried," Alex started. The others caught on and started talking to her. Nothing happened. After hours of sitting in the room silently, they were told that they were going to have to leave the room. They started to vacate, but Alex ran back and kneeled beside her bed. He kissed her hand quickly, and then left.
_______
The next day, the same thing occurred. The. The next, and the next. Eventually, it became tedious, and the doctors began to wonder if they were mistaken about any movement they had seen. When it was only Alex in the room, he sat on the side of her bed and took her hand.

"Come on Jenny come on. I'm so worried about you. Please wake up. I miss you. I miss playing chess and baseball and all of those times we fought about politics. I won't be able to handle it if you don't wake up. I need you here Jenn," he whispered to her, moving the hair that had fallen onto her face. "I miss my little sister."

Suddenly, Alex felt something move in his hand. He looked down to see Jennifer's fingers squeezing his. Alex smiled.

"There you go Jenn," he said before yelling. "Doc come quick!" The doctor and nurse rushed in and started writing stuff, connecting wires, clicking buttons, and more. Alex was rushed out of the room and saw his family. "She was moving!"

"Really?" Andy asked. Alex nodded and everyone began to cry happy tears. Hours later, the doctor informed them that she was awake, and was only experiencing slight confusion. She didn't remember much of the day of the crash, but she seemed to remember almost all of her personal information. They walked into the room and slightly celebrated when they saw her sitting up straight. She still had a feeding tube and oxygen connected to her, but she still looked as lively as ever. Alex was the first to speak.

"You did it Jenn. You pulled through."