Back to School-Ferris Bueller

Ferris returns to school after his day off. But wasn't he deathly ill?
_____________________

   "Ferris is back," someone whispered to someone in class

   "Ferris is back," someone whispered to someone in class. People passed notes. Rumors began. "I heard he died then came back to life." "Do you think he sold his soul?" "I wonder what it was," "Thank god he's back. I needed him to get me out of summer school."

   Ferris strutted into school as if nothing had ever happened that next Monday. Students stared in awe. He saw Sloane and walked over to her, turning her and dipping her. She smiled knowingly as he stood her back up. He kissed her and made his way to his first class of the day, seeing Cameron. They high-fived and walked to their seats. Students started walking in and peaking in to see Ferris. They rushed out to see their friends and tell them that the legend himself was back safe and sound.

"Ferris!" A sophomore called out. "Nice to have you back!"

"Thanks kid!" Ferris called back. This continued throughout the day, and the rumors began to grow more and more extreme. Some even thought he could be a ghost. Confusion spread through the school and even teachers were invested in the story. Ferris however, didn't help the rumors. He confirmed everything he heard, so nobody knew what was true. Sloane rolled her eyes at her boyfriend.

   "He's so over dramatic," she said as she slammed her locker shut. She still had to act sad to keep up the lie that her grandmother had passed, but in reality, not a soul was worried about that. They were all to focused on Ferris Bueller. And only three students, and one adult who was on very thin ice, suspected Ferris Bueller's Day Off.