Thirty

Summer:

Summer:

Mike pulled into the drop off zone near the hospital entrance. "OK sis! I'll um, see you later!" He practically pushed me out of the front passenger seat. Minnie was blushing and smiling in the back.

I giggled, "Jeez brother! Can't wait to have the safe house to yourself for an hour I see." I wiggled my brows at him and he frowned.

Sean and Brittany left with a team to Europe. Supposedly my father's family has ties out there. I made the choice to stay out of it all until I was healthy enough to do something about it. Broc was obviously thrilled with that decision.

"Ah, No! No. No. It's not like that." He looks back at Minnie who is now laughing hysterically, he shushes her.

"Um, ok, weirdos..." I roll my eyes, "Take your time, I can also eat in the cafeteria while I wait or something." I started to get out when he grabbed my arm.

"No, no, just come outside right after your appointment ok?" I frown at his serious demeanor, but nod my head yes, and get out of the car.

Walking into the hospital, I try to think of why Mike and Minnie were being so weird, but I shake it off as I get on the elevator up to my doctors office.

*****

I ran to the elevator after my appointment, with my Paperwork in hand which gave me the all clear.

YES! YES! YES! I shout in my head over and over. I can finally get back to my life!

I'm beamed as more and more people load themselves into the elevator. A few people smiled at me as they could probably sense the excitement that radiated from me.

I frantically text Brittany as I walked out of the elevator. I told her how excited I am to finally get back to yoga, and jogging with Eres, and of course... Broc.

God I miss my Best Friend.

The doors to the hospital slide open and I make a beeline to the curb. Maybe I'll see if Mike wants to take me to the range today, maybe I'll go shopping with Minnie and get ice cream to celebrate.

My mind is racing with ideas for fun activities I miss whose standing next to a motorcycle. He's leaning against the pillar with his sunglasses on looking like he might do some real damage to this place.

I cock my head to the side when I hear the nurses next to me whispering. Broc?

I felt a the sting of jealously flow through me. Why must he look so god damn sexy all the time?

He smirks. God that smirk.

I quickly ran to him, he had to bend down to lift me up into his arms. He laughs as I wrap my legs around him squeezing him tight.

"Well hello Bubby..." He says as he runs his hand down my back patting my ass for good measure, "What did the doc say?"

He slowly and carefully let me down.  As soon as my feet hit the ground I shove the paperwork at him. I bounced up and down with excitement. He lifts his glasses and looks over the paperwork. He's took way too long reading over every single detail. I sighed, "I'm all clear! I can resume my normal activities." I pulled on the collar of his shirt, but he didn't budge as he continued reading. "Broc..." I whine, "Kiss me! Better yet..." He looked down at me as I bit my lip.