Twenty-Four

Broc:

"What are you doing Connor?" He had his gun pointed at my head after shooting me in the arm.

"You're not taking that one." He smirked at me.

I watched as my men trained their guns on him, he noticed as he started swinging his gun around.

"Really Connor? Why?!" I asked as he continued to glare at me, "WHY?!" this time I roared out loud.

"Oh come on brother, our family business is getting old. This is the new money maker. Women. God it's a lucrative business. Father is so bone headed he doesn't even see how well we could do teaming up with this family, and that brilliant piece of ass right there..." He didn't even get another word out before we all heard the LOUD POP, and he dropped to the ground screaming in agony.

I looked over and saw Mike, standing there with his weapon pointed right at his head. I yelled at him, "MIKE! DON'T!"

Connor laughs, "You're such a lucky bastard Broc... You were always so lucky. Woman falling all over you..." He fell further into the ground as he spoke, "That sweet piece of ass will make you millions..." I growl at him, ready to move forward and kill him myself.

"WE have to go NOW!" Sean yells at us, "If we don't go now, Summer might not make it!"

Mike drops his gun quickly, "Anyone else have a problem here?!"

I looked around as my men begin filing in the car behind us. I climbed into the van, Sean and Brittany were now tending to Summer.

My mind reeling over Connor and his stupidity, his greed.
Fuck! How did this all get so fucked up?!

Wait... She had passed out, why? I looked up at Brittany who had tears streaming down her face as Sean began undressing her. We were now on the highway and all the bumping was making it hard to look her over.

She had bruises everywhere. He skin was marked red, blue, and purple. Her lips were busted. Sean instructed Brittany to flip her over, and there was a small puddle of blood.

My mind went blank as I punch the side of the van. My brother shot at Summer, I thought he only grazed my arm. But he hit Summer?!

Sean was yelling something at mike but my hearing was going out. Brittany looked at my strangely. Grabbing my arm, she began bandaging it up.

"Sean.." I gritted out. "Tell me...how is she."

He winced at my words, "She's not doing well, man. We need to get her to the plane and fast. She was shot near her hip. I've got the bleeding controlled, but with all these other injuries..." he shook his head, "...I'm not sure how much more her body can take." I roared inside the van.

We sat in silence while Brittany cried and held Summer's head in her lap. It felt like hours had passed by the time we reached the plane.

When we got there a stretcher was waiting and we all ran into the plane as quickly as possible. She was ushered into the front part of the plane while we all quickly got seated. There was so much shouting as my father continued to yell about Connor.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP FATHER!" I yelled causing everyone to go quiet.

"Get this fuckin' plane air born NOW!" The pilot did as he was told as I turned back to my father.

"Connor was working with the Wilson family behind our backs. He shot Summer and he was shot back. I left him there to fend for himself."

My father looked at me in shock, "You're lying." He growled at me. I saw him reach for his weapon until Vivi screamed distracting him.

I walked up to her, "Tell my father what you know. NOW!"

She whimpered but eventually found her voice, "He, w-was, having me, um, meet girls for him, t-then he would hand them over. The more we b-brought in ourselves, the, um, more m-money we would make."

My father stood there in silence as he grabbed Vivi by the arm. He pulled out a wade of cash and some paperwork. "Here! Take this..." he pulled her towards the gate opening, the pilot had already closed it. He banged on it, causing it to open. "You take this, leave. I never want to hear from you, or see you. Ever. You come near my business again I will not hesitate to put a bullet in you."

Vivi whispered, "Please, please don't do this. We just wanted to help the family! We wanted to move us in a different direction! We would have made millions upon millions!"

He pulled her close looking into her eyes, "You are lucky, I'm letting you off easy because I know my son probably had you convinced. Take this offer and never come near me or my family again." He pushed her forward as she stumbled down the stairs.

Brittany was now crying into Sean's chest as he tried to sooth her leaning back in one of the large chairs. My father moved to the back where his office was, slamming the door.

Mike and I stared at each other for a moment and nodded. I wasn't going to bring up who shot my brother. I knew I would cover for him if I had too, but I had a feeling it wouldn't come up again.

I took a seat close to the medical team, watching as they worked on summer. One of the nurses smiled softly at me, as if letting me know it was going to be ok. Mike was sitting anxiously on the other side of the plane, looking out the window.

"Hey man, I think summer is going to be ok." He didn't respond. He just seemed to relax a bit.

I took that as my queue to stay quiet.

As the plane took to the air, I looked back to see a sleeping Brittany, and a nearly passed out Sean.

"Excuse me doctor? How is it looking?" I leaned forward trying to get the doctor's attention.

"Well, luckily, the gunshot wound wasn't deep. We are still assessing the other injuries but it looks like everything is superficial. I believe with lots of rest she will be fine. Physically." They way he said physically made my stomach turn.

"Was she- did she- did someone touch her, or?" I gritted out. I saw Sean and Mike turn their heads to watch the doctor.

He cleared his throat, "Not that I can tell Mr. Banner..." I let out a breath but he seemed to have more to say, "But in these types of cases, we have no idea what kind of mental or verbal abuse she endured, it's best to let her body heal for now. We can bring someone in to talk to her when she's physically feeling better." I shook my head. I wanted to jump out of this plane kill every asshole who harmed her.

The nurse spoke up as the doctor took over his work again, "I can say this, she's a fighter. You can tell from the injuries that whatever happened in there, she endured and was still able to escape. Not many could do that."

I winced at her words. She was barefoot, her feet were bloody from running all that way without shoes. She still had so much blood on her.

Once the pilot announced we could move about freely, I quickly took her hand in mine. Tears falling down my face as Mike came up behind me, rubbing my shoulder, and petting her head. Tears in his eyes as well.