Chapter 124: Woman to Woman (EP. 03)

“It was a pleasure serving you all, your majesties."

"Thank you, very much. By the way, we left the payment on the counter."

"Oh, we couldn't possibly—"

"No, please. We insist. It is only proper." Iduna smiled politely before striding away with the rest of the girls, stretching and crossing her arms occasionally as she walked. She opened the glass doors to find a hilarious sight of the others.

The older brunette suppressed a snicker once she found a certain ginger cracking a bone, Helena cracking her knuckles in accordance, and Elsa rubbing her bare shoulder in contentment, sighing in relaxation.

"I didn't know I had so many tense muscles." She gushed, "Sitting all day behind the desk might be the cause."

"Don't forget stress," Anna pointedly added, "I've never felt this relaxed before. We should really visit the masseuse house often."

"Indeed. What should we do next, girls?"

"The dress shop!" Anna excitedly suggested. "The chocolate store," Elsa chuckled simply to herself. "But, I can also settle with the dress shop. I'm interested in dressing up in a new color."

"Dress shop it is, then. Um, Iduna, do you mind if I go somewhere else by myself?" Helena asked kindly. Iduna nodded and grinned, "Why, of course, go ahead. Just meet with us right after in the dress shop, so we can go right ahead to what's next."

"Alright," Helena bowed shortly before the trio walked away in separate directions from her. Helena inhaled and stopped dead in her tracks as her ears heard the series of sounds of animalistic barks and howls across the street.

A lopsided smile formed in the former queen's face. It wasn't long before she dragged her heels towards the displayed cages in curiosity, her hazel brown eyes staring through the looking glass.

Different breeds of dogs and cats perked up as they saw her incoming presence. Most pups scratched at the thin bars that trapped them inside, eagerly surveying the new visitor.

One pup was not as ecstatic as the others, however.

Helena moved away to peer at the sleeping Corgi in a mesmerized daze, cutened not only by its appearance but also by the red bow tied around its neck.

"How may I help you, miss?" The pet shop owner stood there by the doorway, arms folded modestly. The man chewed on a strand of hay as he eyed his lone customer.

Gaze still not averting from the sleeping pup, Helena turned to the shop owner with a determined look.

"I'd like to adopt that one."

The owner whistled in amusement, "Nice choice, that little one's just a month old."

"How come nobody's taken him yet? He's a charming little pup." Helena commented, watching the owner gently scoop up the sleeping dog in one hand, "He's less... Lively than the rest, oddly. Anyway, adopting this guy comes with a free complimentary bed."

"How nice of you," Helena smiled, gingerly taking the paper bag that contained the pup's bed from the older man in glee. The man delicately placed the sleeping, bow-tied pup into its new owner's arms and bowed shortly, "Thank you, ma'am."

"How much will this little boy be?"

"Oh ho, it'd be best if he's for free as well. It's no trouble at all, the poor pup's been lonely ever since his mama died. He's better off with a new home."

Helena frowned sadly, glancing at her new companion, "I see. I'll get going now. Thank you."
...
Anna grinned as the lady in the counter passed her two stuffed paper bags, the bubbly princess mouthing a polite thank you. "Papa will definitely love the new dress on you."