Chapter 7

Sweet Sixteens

A month of Friday night dinners down, Delilah was used to just nodding along to conversations and eating rich people food which was totally disgusting

A month of Friday night dinners down, Delilah was used to just nodding along to conversations and eating rich people food which was totally disgusting.But today they were trying to get Emily to let them skip the next dinner, so they could celebrate the twin's sixteenth birthday.

Rory and Delilah were in the car, while their mother was trying to get Emily to cave.

"So if we have the party, is Dean going to be there?" Delilah asked Rory.

"Well," Rory blushed, "I don't know. I haven't talked to him about, but pretty much the whole town will be there"

Just then, lorelai gets in the car and turns to the girls with a sympathetic smile. Delilah sighed, she knew that they were going to have to come to her grandparents on Friday now.

"But she did agree to make the string quartet to learn "Like A Virgin." Lorelai jokes trying to cheer them up.

"Well, you tried," Rory said

"Sweeties, I promise, Saturday night we'll do it up right at home. A Stars Hollow extravaganza." Their mom promised

" So, is this party Grandma's having going to be a big deal?" Delilah asked

"Not really," Lorelai replies," The government will close that day. Flags will fly at half-mast. Barbra Streisand will give her final concert...again"

"Oh boy," Delilah sighed

"Now, the Pope has previous plans, but he's trying to get out of them. However, Elvis and Jim Morrison are coming and they're bringing chips," Lorelai continued

"You ask a simple question..." Rory shakes her head

◉◉◉

On Monday, Delilah could swear she felt everyone's eyes on her as she walked down the hallway. She honestly had no idea why. She wasn't exactly new anymore and figured everyone would be bored of her by now.

"Hey." Tristin suddenly said walking up to Delilah, who was getting stuff out of her locker.

"What, Tristin?" Delilah asked irrated as she closed her locker and began walking away.

Tristin held his hands up in defense," I just wanted to say 'happy birthday.'

"It's not my birthday." Delilah said confused

" No, but it will be," he said before he started reading from a paper, 'On Friday at 4:03 in the morning, Delilah Rosabel --"

"What is that?" Delilah asked as she takes the paper. It's an invitation to her birthday party, from her grandparents. She knew this was all her grandma because her grandpa could careless about this party.

"Who else got these?" Delilah asked worried

"I don't know. Everyone in our class, I think." Tristin said with a smug smile