Chapter 12

As JJ and Nala left for work, Emily decided to make some breakfast. All she had to eat was eggs, toast, and some water, but eating in the mornings always made her stomach upset if she ate too much. After she was done eating, she began to plan out what she was going to do for her classes that she had to teach. But, as she was doing that, she felt herself starting to fall asleep, so she made herself a giant cup of coffee before going back to what she was doing. She already knew she wanted to start each class with stretching. When she was growing up, her dance instructor never started with stretching, and that caused a lot of injuries due to improper stretching. So, in order to help prevent that, she would start and end with it. 

After having her lessons planned out, she still had a few hours before she had to be at the studio, so she just decided to go to the humane society and adopt a cat. Well, kitten because all of the grown up cats had already been adopted, which was strange to her because normally it's the kittens that get adopted first. "I'm going to name you Sergio." Emily said to her kitty cat who just so happened to be a black cat. Halloween was one of her favorite holidays, besides Thanksgiving, and so she thought it would be appropriate to buy a black cat. The reason why she decided to get a cat was because she was getting lonely being the only one in the house while JJ was working, and she didn't like that. She didn't feel safe, and for some reason having a cat made her feel more safe. 

Emily took Sergio to the pet store and bought everything that his little heart desired. She even bought him a cat harness so she could take him on walks when Nala and JJ went on walks. "Okay baby boy, let's go home." Emily said to Sergio and drove to the house. When they got there, Emily set him down on the floor and took the bags to the kitchen. She put everything away in the same cabinet that Nala's stuff was in besides his food and water dishes, kitty bed, kitty litter and pan, and his scratching pad. Emily heard Sergio meow, and so she opened a can of kitty food and mixed it together with a little bit of dry food. She also put some water in his water bowl and set them down on the floor next to Nala's food and water. They both had a mat underneath their food and water bowls so the mess they made wouldn't get on the floor as much. 

As Sergio was eating his food, Emily decided that she should probably text JJ about him so she doesn't freak out when she gets home from work. 'Hey baby! I hope you're having a good day at work! I miss you and Nala. So much that I kinda did a thing......' Emily sent. As she waited for JJ to respond, she decided that she was hungry herself and decided to make something. She really didn't feel like cooking anything, but she didn't want cereal. So, she just decided to make Ramen noodles. 

"Look at me being a chef!" Emily said happily as she set her bowl in the microwave. When her Ramen was almost done, she heard her phone vibrate, so she checked it and saw that JJ texted her. 

'Hi baby! It's been a little busy with training and cruising around for a little bit to get Nala used to the cruiser. We miss you so much! And jear desus what did you do?' JJ responded. 

'Meet Sergio!'