Chapter 26

The next morning, JJ woke up before Emily yet again, so she decided to go ahead and make her breakfast in bed. She was feeling extra happy, so she decided to make a feast. She made eggs with green peppers and onions and cheese mixed in, hashbrowns, sausages, bacon, toast with butter, tomato slices, and salt and pepper. Lastly for the healthy part she made pumpkin spice smoothie bowls that were made from protein powder, coconut milk, frozen banana, frozen riced cauliflower, frozen mangos, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. She topped it with chocolate chips, pumpkin cheesecake almond butter, and caramel drizzle. She also made sure that she didn't forget the coffee. All of it only took her about 20 minutes to make. When she was done, she plated everything up and brought it up to Emily. Just like the last time, when she walked in, Emily was just waking up. 

"Good morning my beautiful butterfly." JJ said to Emily in a chipper mood. 

"Did you really make me breakfast for the second day in a row?" Emily asked softly, rubbing her eyes. JJ loved the sound of Emily's morning voice. It was always a little raspy. However, JJ noticed Emily voice cracking a little bit. 

"Yes I did my love." JJ said, sitting down the tray on the night stand and leaning down to kiss Emily. "Mm I love you." JJ said. 

"I love you too." Emily said. Well, kind of. She was losing her voice. JJ couldn't help but chuckle a little bit. 

"Man you must have loved last night so much that you're losing your voice." JJ said. 

"I mean yeah. No one has ever made me scream like that before." Emily said. JJ smirked and sat down beside Emily. As they ate the food, they talked about random things. Well, JJ talked mainly. She wanted Emily to conserve her voice as much as possible. Just as they were done eating, Emily gets a call from her mom. Since Emily was losing her voice due to their scandalous night, JJ decided to answer it. 

"Hello?" JJ said. 

"Emily?" Elizabeth asked. 

"This is JJ. Emily's in the shower right now." JJ said. 

"Oh. Well hello JJ. I was just calling to remind you guys of the gala tonight. It starts at seven, but I would like you guys to be here about 6:45 so I can introduce you to some people." Elizabeth said. JJ's eyes widened. They both had totally forgotten about the gala. 

"Of course. We look forward to seeing you." JJ said. Emily looked so confused. JJ and Elizabeth their goodbyes, and JJ hung up the phone. 

"What was that about?" Emily said, her voice scratchy. 

"Remember that gala your mom invited us to?" JJ asked. 

"Don't tell me." Emily said. 

"It's tonight." JJ said. Emily groaned and laid back on her pillow. "I guess that means shopping!" JJ said excitedly. Emily just groaned. She tried to get up so she could get ready for the day, but everything below her waist hurt. 

"Are you okay?" JJ asked, looking concerned. 

"I'm fine. It's only pain." Emily whispered. 

"Baby, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean for you to hurt this much. I guess I just-"

"It's okay, babes. I never told you to stop. I knew I would be hurting today, but I will never regret it. I wanted more of you, but both of us were wiped out." Emily said. She gave JJ a kiss, a passionate one at that. When they pulled away, they both smiled. 

"Will you be able to walk?" JJ asked. 

"Probably not. You fucking destroyed me." Emily said. JJ chuckled and watched Emily get out of the bed. Emily winced as she stood up and took the first step. She waddled slowly to the bathroom and did her morning routine. As she did that, JJ decided to go their actual room and change. She decided to wear just a plain and simple navy blue shirt with a pair of light wash skinny jeans and brown booties. Emily walked in to their room and went to her closet. She picked out an outfit, but JJ couldn't really see exactly what it was. She knew she had jeans but couldn't see the rest of what she was holding. Emily changed in the bathroom, and when she walked out, JJ's eyes widened. Like a lot.