this doesn't last long though, since another shadow is cast over him, blocking the sun out of his face. "what is it now?" he whines, not caring about who it was this time.

"that's rude," hoseok says from above him with a laugh. he opens his eyes to see all 6 of his best friends standing over him with the biggest grins— 'wait. jimin doesn't seem happy at all. he looks sad... why? he has 5 boyfriends, did they break up?' jungkook asks to himself.

they sit around him, hoseok to his left, taehyung to his right with the rest situated somewhere in between. "so~~" namjoon singsongs suggestively.

"stop thinking like that." jungkook scolds namjoon with a slap on the leg. the dimpled boy laughs at the action. jungkook sighs and threads a hand through his black hair while he thinks on what to make of this situation, "she wants to go out on a date with me."

"well that's good isn't it? you don't l-look that excited if i say so myself." seokjin observes jungkooks behaviour. he had always been good at observing people. the robot will forever envy him for that.

"your stutter is disappeared so much from when we first met." jungkook says out of the blue. that redness makes itself prominent on seokjin's cheeks again as he leans over to hit him on the shoulder in a joking way.

"shut it." is all seokjin says with a small giggle after he finished hitting his shoulder.

"okay that's enough about seokjin— ow!" yoongi whines when the taller hits him instead of jungkook this time. "you know i'm kidding," yoongi says and holds his hand tightly, giving his hand a squeeze.

jungkook finds himself getting stuck in that chain of thoughts. that chain of thoughts that sends him down a spiral.

he wants yoongi to hold his hand like that. he wants him to squeeze it in comfort after having a childish quarrel. he wants jimin to kiss his nose as they lay in bed together while watching movies. he wants namjoon to squish his cheeks between his palms and he call him cute as they eat breakfast at jimin's house. he wants hoseok to ask him about his robot abilities and be interested in all the things he can do. he wants to lay back in taehyung's arms, his back hitting the others chest as they play games together on the tv. he wants seokjin to cuddle him when he is feeling his worst and when he feels like he cannot do it any longer.

he wants it all.

but he can't have it.

and jungkook hates that he can't. he hates it more than something he's ever hated before. he knows it's a desire, he knows he wants it, he isn't that dumb, and yet, he can't make himself act on it.

it sucks so badly, he just wants to be with them. he wants to be held. he wants to be loved. he wants to be cherished. but he can't be. if only he could open his mouth and say something, if only he had the courage. but he doesn't.

"earth to jeon.. are you with us?" jimin snaps his fingers in front of the robots face. it brings his conscious back to the front of his brain and away from the words that make him feel less human everyday. although.. he was never human in the first place.

"sorry!" jungkook apologies looks up from where he was gazing mindlessly. "what'd you say?" he asks the group, not knowing who spoke last.

"namjoon was asking where lisa asked you out to." hoseok says to him, "then i asked what time, and seokjin asked if we wanted to go to his house for a sleepover tonight."

"oh um.. bangtan café, 6pm, yes i'd like to come to the sleepover." jungkook says quickly.

"no need to be so robotic about it." taehyung jokes as he nudges the robot's side with a playful smile. that's the first thing that makes him smile in what feels like ages. granted he smiled at lisa earlier, but he didn't feel as if it was a true smile, not one of his 'bunny' smiles anyway. jungkook will forever curse hoseok for coming up with that nickname.

"shut up weirdo," he whines he says as he scrunches his nose in disgust, jungkook can internally hear hoseok chant bunny in his head as he says this. "what do i wear though? should i shower before? do i get her some flowers? do i walk her home?"

"so you are planning on going?" jimin asks. a sad tone laces his voice and jungkook almost wants to call the date off then and there but decides against it, figuring jimin was just sad about him missing some of the sleepover for a girl.

jungkook nods and jimin smiles at him in return.

the robot feels as if his heart is getting ripped in two when he realises the smallers smile is no where near genuine. should he really go out on this date? it doesn't seem as good of an idea as it was a few minutes ago. if anything jungkook feels like the feeling he's having will get worse and worse as time progresses, as it's already doing it right now.

"okay," namjoon claps his hands together, successfully getting jungkook attention, "you should wear something laid back, maybe a sweater and some jeans."

taehyung continues, "definitely shower, what type of question is that?" he scoffs as he finishes his sentence.

hoseok is the next one to speak, "don't get flowers unless you want to take it further than the first date because then you'd be leading her on, and that's not okay."

jungkook nods as they give him tips and mentally writes them down in his head. "definitely walk her home at the end of the date. i walked seokjin home once and he loved it—"

"—will you shut up!" seokjin scolds yoongi once more as he shot a scowl his way.

"anything else i need to know?" jungkook butts in to try and stop whatever argument might start.

"don't be an asshole." jungkook looks at namjoon. his face held no emotion as he deadpanned him. "what?!" he says the dimpled boy says defensively.

"whatever! what times the sleepover?" jungkook asks, turning to look at seokjin curiously.

"a-around 8–" the bell for fourth lesson cuts seokjin off and they all stand up. the group waves their goodbyes and parts without another word.

"come on jug'ookie!" taehyung says as he pulls jungkook by the arm to their next class. he smiles as the robot pulls a face of disgust to the nickname.

"i told you to stop calling me that!" he whines and walks faster so taehyung doesn't rip his arm off from pulling it so much.

taehyung playfully pushes jungkook into his classroom since they have different classes. they only walk together because their classrooms are opposite each other. jungkook blows a kiss to the younger and he does the same back before taehyung disappears from view.

jungkook turns back to class to see half of the people staring at him. suddenly he feels embarrassed and jungkook can tell he turns a strong red colour from the heat in his face.

he looks down and avoids people's curious and prying eyes as he walks to his seat in the back of the classroom.

once again, jungkook doesn't listen to the lesson since he already knew what it was about before hand. instead of paying attention he gazes out the window and watches the leaves fall from the tree with fascination.