of truth and dynami

Magsimula sa umpisa

I started gasping for air, black spots appeared in my vision, threatening to take my consciousness away again. I fought to stay awake, but then I remembered the way Chase looked at me and that extinguished my fire to fight. I started to succumb to the darkness.

"Maddie, wake up. Maddie, damn it. Wake up!" Chase's voice rang in my ears, almost pleading as he put his arms around me, lightly shaking me. He called my name a few more times, telling me to stay awake. "Breathe, Maddie, breathe. Slowly." I followed his voice and started to ease myself and started to breathe in deeply and then out.

"That's it, just keep breathing. You're fine, you're fine." hearing him say it, I felt like I was truly going to be fine.

However, it didn't work. My eyelids felt heavy and I could feel them closing slowly, but before I was fully unconscious, I held onto Chase's shirt, a desperate act to keep him close.

When I woke up, I was surprised to find that Chase was sleeping right beside me. To say that I was surprised was understatement, I was ready to push him off, scream at him and fight him for daring to even touch me.

But then I remembered what happened before I passed out and I decided not to fight the man.

He had his arm wrapped around me in a way that I was lying down on it, it must've been uncomfortable, but he didn't let go of his hold. His other arm was rested on body, keeping me close to him. We were both sleeping on our sides, pretty reasonable since the bed was supposed to be for only one person.

Being in such a close proximity to him was making me feel all sort of things that I didn't understand. I can't explain it, but all I can say is that it's not so bad.

I breathed his scent in. It was heavenly, it calmed me down, it shushed my worries with the mere assurance that he was beside me.

I remained still so I won't wake him up.

And then I remembered what I did to his mom and the look of hate that he gave me at trying to hurt his mom. Needles pinned my heart at the remembrance of the memory.

'Well, it was always too good to be true.' I whispered to my wolf.

'Mate does not hate us.' my wolf stated. I sighed, she usually didn't go against me, but that became different when we met our mate.

I didn't answer her and thought of the other things.

'Dynami, huh...' I tell my wolf again.

'I always knew we were different, but the moon goddess took our memories away in our human form. Thank goodness Chari made us remember or else we could have been in danger.' she answered.

I sighed, everything was still hard to understand.

'Strays, huh.'

My wolf was silent for a second. I recalled one of the memories I saw. It was a man. It was only his back, but I could almost be sure that I recognized him.

'The person behind the Strays... It can't be him right?' I ask my wolf.

'We can't really be sure, but... If it were him, then everything would make sense.' she answered. I flinched.

No, no, it can't be him.

I felt Chase stirring up beside me causing me to look up to him. My movement must have awakened him because when he opened his eyes, he immediately looked down on me.

Seeing that I was awake, Chase was quick to remove his arms around me and got up. He slowly got off the bed.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up." I said and sat up.