YOU LIKE HIM! | 9

CHAPTER 9

THE VAULT WAS DIMLY LIT and incredibly humid

THE VAULT WAS DIMLY LIT and incredibly humid. Rosyln hadn't found the strength to leave just yet. She hadn't cleaned herself up which left blood and sweat in different places on her body. Her head rested against a large pillar and the rest of her body trailed gently on the ground, slightly curved to fit the particular shape of the room. She stared at a spot on the floor and didn't stop. It was all she could focus on, all she could get her mind around.

There was dirt on the floor, the floor was made of stone. Those things made sense, they had science and evidence behind them. What didn't make sense was her and how she did...that.

Turning into a rabbit was one thing, but turning into any random organism was a wild fantasy that even her eleven-year-old self couldn't have predicted.  It was insane and all she wanted at that moment was reassurance. Reassurance that everything was going to be alright. That she was normal. That killing people due to your glowing white eyes was so ordinary it barely deserved to be discussed. That Finn and she would survive and there was nothing to worry about. Just don't reassurance.

She was far away from everyone else. The others were closer to the entrance and seemed to have other things on their minds. How did they deal with this so frequently? It was crazy.

She wondered if Finn had heard about the quarantine. Hopefully, he was above her with the many terrified families awaiting their children in full health and good sense. None of the freshmen had been in school, thank god.

Sharp stomps echoed through the chamber as Malia proudly and somewhat angrily exited. The other three followed the girl out with shocked and pitiful stares.  Ros didn't know what was happening and had officially come to terms with the fact that she probably wouldn't know anything ever. She was always going to be on the outside looking in.

A few minutes passed and eventually, Scott and Kira left. Rosyln sighed and put her head back. It touched the cold metal of the shelf and she sighed. Even though the mushroom had assisted in preventing her death she still felt sick to the stomach. Whether it was the blood splatted over her clothes and face or her own, she couldn't tell. She just felt nauseous.

"How're you holdin up?" A small voice echoed through the empty chamber. Rosyln lifted her head off the metal shelf and spotted Stiles, knees crossed as well as his arms. She hadn't realized he was still in the same room, presuming he'd left with Kira and Scott. Obviously, he'd opted to stay.

"Want the truth?" She sighed, pulling herself up so she wasn't slouched. They were very far away from each other but Rosyln felt weirdly close to him. They had been held at gunpoint together, which remind Rosyln about the incident. A gun had gone off, following an explosion of main and light from Rosyln.

Had the man's death been a result of the gun's bullet or her weird mind games?

"That's why I asked" he chuckled as Rosyln joined in softly. "Unless you don't want to, it's really none of my business"