INTO THE WOODS |2

CHAPTER 2

->

The roads were empty and silent. The only sound that disturbed that was the slow roll and rumble of Rosyln's car as it made its way down the unfamiliar road. The moon was full and shone brightly onto the car giving some semblance of light and a way for Rosie to see past her headlights. Finn accompanied her in the passenger's seat and talked none stop. His sister did not mind, however, unlike their parents or other people. Finn talked about interesting things or at least things that she found interesting so she always listened. It was always better if whoever you were seated with was chatty and not dry. That way, the journey was more enjoyable.

It had taken Finn an exact 5 minutes and 7 seconds to race into his room, grab his phone, wallet and comb his hair. It then took him another two minutes to catch up with Roslyn's car once she had pulled out of the driveway and slowly drove up the road as a joke. He didn't react to this.

Rosyln eyed the boy while also trying to keep an eye on the dark road in front of her. There had been a lot of road accidents involving wild animals near this area of beacon hills so she was rather cautious. Putting a hand in the air when Finn was mid-sentence, she spoke. "Sorry to interrupt, but who's party are we going to exactly?" she asked, checking her mirrors as a red car overtook her. In the passenger's seat, she could see Liam Dunbar, nervous with a silhouette in the driver's seat whose face was covered by its long black locks.

"We?" Finn said as he stared out the window. The red car sped away at an alarming rate and was gone pretty quickly.

"Well, you, whose party are you going to?"

"Liam got invited to it by a Junior or something. Its Lydia martin's lakehouse, it's probably her party."

"Lydia Martin?" She teased. "For a freshman you sure as hell are doing well. I heard she's loaded. Wouldn't it be nice to have all that?"

"I guess," Finn said quietly as he continued to airily gaze at the stars.

Rosyln furrowed her brows just slightly. They stayed silent for a few minutes before Finn, wanting to break it, posed some questions. "Hey, Ros?" He began. "Lydia's a junior right?". Rosyln nodded her head as her brother continued. "Yeah isn't she a bit you know-" he twirled both his fingers in a circular motion around each his ears to signify crazy. Waiting for his sister's response he clicked his fingers, eager for her reply.

"Wai-What, uh no, no. I don't think so" Rosyln spluttered quickly, her eyes refocusing.

"Do you know her?" He asked.

"No-I mean, I've talked to her a good amount of times. She used to be pretty uptight so I kept my distance from her but not crazy if that's what you're thinking. She has like, episodes in class...." her words trailed off as she remembered fleeting images of the redhead girl screaming uncontrollably.