SATOMI'S PACK | 6

CHAPTER 6

CLASS HAD JUST BEGUN and Rosyln was already bored

CLASS HAD JUST BEGUN and Rosyln was already bored. Her books were neatly set aside on her table as she waited for her teacher to get on with it. The night before had been- fun- in want of another word. Finn has not reacted badly to the news but had not reacted the way she wanted him to. He had been, excited? Excited that he had power, that she understood-but excited to be hunted down because of that power? Now, that was confusing to her, Or maybe she'd just taken it the wrong way.

"You can't tell anyone" She'd made him promise. And by anyone she meant anyone. The girl had left out the Liam Dunbar bits of the story. She figured the boy could tell Finn when he was ready, it wasn't her place. Finn had promised to do some research for both of them, beginning with the information she had given him. Rosyln trusted him, he was smart enough to figure out what they were.

The bell rang and her eyes refocused. The teacher walked to her desk, looking at her register. "Has anyone seen Stiles, Lydia or Kira today?"

Nobody answered.

The teacher looked at a girl in the middle of the class. "Malia? Any idea where your friends are?"

"I could try catching their scent?" She said, completely serious. Rosyln stifled a laugh. She'd always thought Malia was a bit... well, Odd. But when Stiles told her she had been a Coyote for almost eight years, the image came together a bit easier. Now, she sympathized with the girl, it sounded like she didn't have it easy.

"Right..." the teacher sighed. "How about I just mark them down as absent?" She looked Malia up and down and then began to scribble in her notebook.

"Okay everyone, let's begin with last night's homework!" The teacher announced. Of course, Rosyln had completed the assignment while a killer chased her brother and her around the halls. These were really great times for school and education.

From where Rosyln sat, she saw Malia pack her bags and get up to leave. The teacher stopped her at her desk. "Malia? Do you need to be excused from class?"

This was meant to be taken sarcastically but Malia was Malia so.... "yeah" she said as she shook her head like it was a stupid form of a question. The teacher only looked at her.

Shortly after, Rosyln's books were in her bag. She wasn't sure why because Malia didn't know her all too well but she found herself making her way to the top of the class without hesitation. Rosyln wasn't one for rebellions but taking Malia's lead, she followed.

"Miss Marie?! Where do you think you're going?!"

"Uh, out of class- bye!"