Chapter 5

I get to skip school today. Grandma needs me early. So, I just change into leggings and a tank top. I put on my little pink sneakers.

I then get in the limo. We head to grandma's. While in the limo, I talked to Joe. We get there and I walk out and head inside.

I see my grandma and Charlotte. "Great, you are here. Sent in Paolo." "Sending in Paolo." Said Charlotte.

Then this middle aged man and two women walks in. "Thank you for having us. Now where is she?" He asked. "My granddaughter, Mikayla." "Ahh, she is a gorgeous. Let the artwork begin."

"Before you get started, sign this form. That way we can keep this unwraps."

"Your majesty, we know what's a secret and what's not."

"Mia will be here. We need to prepare her for her makeover."

"Oh okay, Charlotte watch him like a hawk."

She says as she walks away.

Paolo starts on my hair. He cuts my long hair to medium and he adds highlights. Then curls it at the ends.

He then work on my eyebrows. Plucking them, making them look great.

Then his women work on my face. I fell asleep while they are working on me.

After that, they add make up on my face. When they are done they show grandma.

They held up photos, to hide my big reveal. "Paolo transform from this and this, into a..." he said as he points to the pictures.

"A princess." His women said and revealed me.

"Much better." She said.

They all head out to the garden to get Mia. I stay behind and look at myself. I look beautiful.

I get up and walk to my room. I go study some more about being a princess.

I even practice when I am alone. I then show grandma what I learn and she helps me.

After we are done with our makeovers, we head home.

We head home and pop balloons with mom. We talk about everything as we pop balloons. We are connecting.

After we are done, we all head to bed.

The Next Day...
I get up and ready. I grab my stuff and hug mom and tell her I love you. She waves good bye.

I get in the limo and wait for Mia to get in. She finally gets in and we start our way to Michael's.

We get there and Micheal opens the door. Mia turns and faces him. He is amazed. Does Michael have a crush on Mia? Oh crap nuggets.

"Micky, is that really you?" He asked. "Yeah, it's just me with a princess makeover."

"Wait a minute, did you say Princess?" My eyes widen, oh no. I told him. "Oh no, I didn't say princess. I mean a rockstar makeover."

Everyone is in the car and we head to school. While Lilly is yelling at Mia. Micheal is interrogating me.

"Mikayla, you never said rockstar. You said princess. Now, tell me the truth."

"Hold that thought." I say as I turn to Lilly and tell her to shut up.

I am just frustrated with this. Lilly yelling at Mia and Micheal making me tell him the truth.

It's not our fault that our father was a prince and we are the next rulers.

I look over and See Micheal and Mia talking and flirting. Weird.

I sit quietly and wait until we get to school.

We get to school. Lilly starts and Mia snaps. I take off and Micheal runs up to me. He grabs me and turns me around.

"Now, you have to tell me." "Let go of me." "Not until, you tell me what's going on."

I take a deep breath and say, " I can't tell you." "Please I won't judge you."

"As much I want to, I can't." "If you don't tell me, you are losing a best friend."

"I am sorry. I am. Honest."

"Please don't leave me, Micheal. Please." I say as I get on my knees, begging him to not leave our friendship.

"I am sorry, too." He said and walked away.

I whisper, " I love you."

He runs back to Mia and I can't watch. I run and run. I run all the way to grandma's.

I bust through the door. Grandma runs to see what happened.

She sees me on my knees, crying.

She walks over to me and asks, "what's wrong?" "I lost my best friend." "I am so sorry." "He likes Mia more than me."

She just sits there and console me, all day.