Chapter: 1

I wake up to the smell of coffee. I get up and walk to my closet and get my school uniform. I straightened up my room a little bit, after I was done getting ready for school.

"MICKY!" said my mom. "I'm coming!" I yelled back. I walk down to the kitchen and fix myself a cup of coffee. "Good morning, Micky." said my mom. "Good morning, Mom." I said. "MIA!" said my mom, trying to get Mia up for school. She does it a couple more times, she's not a morning person.

Mia comes down and I walk out of the kitchen, grabbing my book bag. We exchanged 'I love you.' Then walked outside. "Do you want to ride with me and Michael?" "No, I am good. We are riding our scooters." "Okay, just be careful. And remember just breath when doing your speech." "Okay, I will." I walk to my convertible. I throw my book bag in the back seat. I started up the car and started to head for my best friend's house.

I see Michael waiting for me. I honk the horn, Pulled up to his house and opened the door for him. "Hey, Micky." "Hey, Mic." he gets in and closes the door. I drive off to school. We talk about everything. "Hey, Micky. Are you going to Doc's today?" "Yeah, why?" "My band is having rehearsal today." "Say no more, I will come and watch you." "Really?" "Really." "Thanks, Micky." "Your welcome. Now let's get to class."

We get to class. I sit with Michael at the piano. The teacher comes in and gets everyone settles down. "Michael start us off." says the teacher. "Mikayla leads us." I start to sing. Even though, I don't like singing in front of people.

"They got a lot of girls Who know they got it goin' on But nothing's ever a comparison to you Now can't you see That you're the only one I really want And everything I need,Is everything you do?

Any girl walk by, don't matter 'Cause you're lookin' so much better Don't ever need to get Caught up in jealousy She could be a supermodel Every magazine, the cover She'll never, ever mean a thing to me..."

I felt my hands get numb, the anxiety is getting to me. I start to shake them to get the feeling back in. I feel like I am going to vomit, my heart is racing. I can't let it get to me. I breathe in and out. "Are you okay, Mikayla?"asked the teacher. "Oh, yes I am fine. " I continue to sing and close my eyes. I pretend I am in my bedroom. I shake to the beat and I was dancing, while having a fun time.

After singing, I sat down next to Michael. "You are really good." "Thanks, but I had a small anxiety problem." "I know, I saw you shaking your hands and closing your eyes." "I had to do something or else I would run out the room." "I know, don't worry it's over. Just relax."

I take a deep breath and exhale it. I am so relaxed. At gym, it's softball practice. Me and Mia are in softball together.

She is up next to hit the ball next. She looks horrified. I mouthed to her, "relax, you got this." I give her a thumbs up. She mouthed back a thank you.

She gets ready to hit the ball. She misses the ball and the coach told her it's okay. She tries again and hits the ball but it hits the coach. I facepalm myself.

Mia explains that she is more of a yoga person. But it goes wrong. I can't wait to see Michael.

After awhile of daydreaming, it's time to get out of here. I changed into a crop top and ripped jeans with my leather jacket. My father got for me before he passed away.

I miss him everyday. But I know he is in a happy place. I head over to my car and drive over to doc's. I parked the car and got out. I walk inside and sit on the couch.

I talked to some people. But I usually grab a book to read until I hear music playing. I can't help but feel my cheeks gets hot.

After, they are done playing. He comes over and talk to me. "So, Kayla. Pretty good huh?" "Yeah, it's great. I knew you were a great musician."

We talk a little bit more. When my phone rang. I excused my self and answered it. "Hello, mom." "Mikayla, I need to tell you something." "Okay, what is it?" "Your grandmother is here for a visit." "Which one?" "The live one. The one who rules a country." "Oh that one. So when do I meet her?" "You meet her with Mia tomorrow after school for tea." "Tea?" "Yes, Tea. All I know is it has something to do with your father." "Okay, tell her, I will be there." "Okay, love you." "Love you too."

I hang up and go back to where Michael is. "Who was it?" "Just boring stuff, like meeting my estranged grandmother." "Oh cool." "Tell me about it."

We just talk about stuff for a little bit. I get in my car and head home.
I get home and go inside. Heading straight for my bed. I quickly get a quick shower and throw on some pjs.

Then crawled into my bed and fell asleep.