𝘦𝘮𝘮𝘢

-----

Emma's POV
I was just getting back from town when I walked into what I assumed a very important meeting going on in Miss Peregrines office.

"Oh, I am sorry to interrupt Miss Peregrine but I just wanted to let you know that I brought you back more quills and ink."

"It's quite alright Emma. Perhaps it's best you meet our new peculiar first."

"Nice to meet you."

"Likewise." I curtsied.

Me and the new comer made eye contact and I was taking in his appearance. She was very pretty.

"Ahem."

Miss Peregrine broke us out of our 'staring contest'.

"Emma if you wouldn't mind showing Mr. Y/N around that would be very kind of you."

"Of course."

I chirped. Y/N stood up and shoved his hands in the pockets of his trousers.

"I will take those quills you have before you go Emma." Miss Peregrine reminded me before I walked out the door.

I handed over my basket of writing utensils.

"Thank you."

"Right then. We can start off by meeting the rest of the children. Through here is the courtyard where they all should be playing."

He flashed me a tight lipped smile as we walked through the door.

"That's Fiona, Bronwyn, and Claire." I said pointing to the three little girls who were chasing each other. "And there is Millard and Hugh." I directed my attention to the boys playing soccer.

Y/N looked in astonishment as Hugh let the bees out of his mouth at the invisible boy.

"Enoch is upstairs, don't be taken aback if he comes across as grumpy, he's like that to everyone. Olive is over there, with Horace." I said pointing at the red head and blonde walking away.

It was just then that I realised Y/N had stopped walking and I turned around to see his eyes on me. Once he realised I had caught him staring he looked at the ground, pink covering his nose and cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I can be quite awkward, especially around pretty girls."

My eyes went wide, and so did his, almost comically as he realised what he had just said.

I giggled and looked at the floor too.

"Don't worry, i'm pretty shy too, especially around handsome boys."

He smiled. We walked down the path through Fiona's garden and back through the forest.

"If you don't mind me asking, what is your peculiarity?" I asked him.

"Uhm, well it's not very interesting. But the weather, I can control it."

"Really!" I shouted. Stopping.

"Yeah. Like I said. Not very exciting." He sighed, scratching his neck.

"No it is. It's kinda cool because I can control air."

"Really! That's amazing."

"Yeah, well we better be getting back for supper."

"I suppose we should."

I grabbed his hand and looked at him for assurance that it was alright and he pecked my cheek. This boy was going to drive me crazy.