"I love you, Aisha...and I'd do anything to show you that." He said.

"Even if it means jumping off a cliff?" I teased and he chuckled.

"Let's not get too hasty, shall we." He teased back and I laughed. I looked back at him and I saw admiration in his eyes. I cupped his face in my hand, emotions welling in my chest.

I love this man so much.

"I love you, Hakeem. I love you to the moon and back. I love you in the bad and good. I love you with everything in me." I confessed. He sighed, touching his forehead to mine. I swear  I saw a bead of tears fall from his eyes. "Are you crying?" I asked him and his sniff was my reply.

"I swear it's the onion." He said and I laughed heartily.

"There is no onion anywhere babe. Just me." I said and he chuckled.

"I will never get tired of hearing that. Say it again." He requested.

"I love you." I placed a kiss on his forehead.

"Again."

"I love you." Another kiss on his nose.

"Again. Please." I rose his head gently so he could have a better look at me and I at him.

"I love you, Hakeem Zayd Gobir." I muttered before pressing my lips against his again. He parted his lips and kissed me back, both of us oblivious of the audience we had.

*****

Emeka was charged to court later one. Ginika was my Lawyer and Emeka's prosecutor. After all the evidence proved Emeka to be an Abusive megalomaniac, a murderer, a drug dealer and trafficker who also assisted his late father in his escapades, he was sentenced to life imprisonment with hard labour.

Few weeks later, I was seated in the visiting room of the prison. The door cracked open and I looked up to see a police man bringing in Emeka, claded in blue inmate wear and his hands handcuffed to his back. Due to the gun shot on his leg from the gun fight of a month ago, he was limping. He seemed surprised to see me but my face remained emotionless. He sat down after the police had already uncuffed him and I nodded at the police man who nodded back and excused us.

"Well, this is a surprise. I didn't expect you as my visitor." Emeka said, a small smile playing on his lips making me scoff.

"Don't flatter yourself. This is the last you'll ever see of me." I replied and he nodded.

"I actually didn't expect to see you at all. But I'm glad you came. I needed to see you." His face wasn't all smiley anymore.

"I won't take your time. I just need to ask a few question." I told him and he nodded.

"Anything. I owe you answers anyway." He replied. I cleared my throat, looking at him.

"Did you, even for one second, ever love me?" I asked. I saw a surprise look flash through his face before it's as replace with one of sadness. He didn't speak so I prodded further. "Or was I just a ticket to the gold?" I added and he sighed.

"Aisha, believe me when I say, I did love you." I scoffed at that revelation.

"Yeah, right."

"I am trying to be honest here. Isn't that what you want? You want me to be honest with you and that's what I'm doing." He placed his hand on the table and leaned forward, causing me to automatically lean back. It was a reflex action. I saw his face flash with regret.

"I don't expect you to believe me now, but I'm telling you the truth. I felt something for you, something very close to love but I had an assignment. I know it doesn't matter now, but all my life, I've been trained to help my dad get that gold from you and I couldn't disappoint my father. I was to selfish to acknowledge the fact that what my father did was wrong. I'm sorry." He said. At that point, tears already welled up in my eyes.