Chapter Five: Let's begin!

Two weeks went by really fast.

Being the prodigy and genius that he is, Shu quickly learned and mastered some techniques Theodore taught him. After much practice and tests, Shu felt ready to register for the competition. When the day came, he went to the building to register and was waiting in line with everyone else.

He was enjoying the pictures and advertisements until he saw a speck of blue hair in front of the line on his left.

'Valt' ?

Shu tried to look more closely but as soon as he saw it, the figure disappeared. 'Hm, I must be seeing things.' He shrugs as he managed to sign up once it was his turn. Once he was finished, the boy walked over to a ice cream parlor and bought a simple cone of cookies and cream. Shu sat down at a nearby bench, about to start eating when his eyes caught sight of the figure again.

'Why do I have a feeling that is Valt? Am I imagine things...finally going crazy?' He thought to himself, slowly starting to lick and eat his cone before it started to melt. Welp, it seems like they signed up for the competition sooo, he'll find out who they are soon enough.

Two days later:
"Welcome to the international bladers cup, where our contestants use whatever they have to see what it takes to be the champion.." Shu's mind wandered away, knowing the boring stuff is happening. He seems to know about all of that. Anyways, Shu is feeling some nervousness and doubt about competing.

Shu you guys, SHU KURENAI! One of the greatest blazers of all time, the prodigy!

However, despite all of that, he decides that he can't back out now. Because um, well, he can't. He just signed up and second, he has this feeling that Valt might be here. Somewhere in this building or competition in general. Shu was brought back to reality by a tall, green haired boy with glasses. This one definitely doesn't look nice but heh, you can't always judge a book by it's cover.

"Hey! Your Shu Kurenai, aren't you? Let's battle, I want to prove to everyone that I'm the strongest blader in the.."

Maybe this one will be an exception..

"Just be quiet already, your going to make me hearing impaired. *politely yawns* Besides, don't tell me you think blading is all about power and being the best. Huh, do you believe that?"

"Yeah, I do! I-"

"That's a shame, your probably one of the weakest and most arrogant people I ever met. Especially since you have that mindset  *starts walking away once the introduction ceremony was over*. I best be going, ta-ta."

The green haired boy, Sisco, had his mouth taped for a bit before closing it and blushing in embarrassment. He stormed off, hearing a few snickers and picture flashes as he walked away from the scene. Once he arrived and went inside a empty bathroom, all of his anger was released. Walls damaged, little cracks on sinks and stall doors dented and 'bruised'. Among other things.

'I promise you, if I ever make it to the last stages, hell even the final and that your my opponent...I will make you pay!'

Meanwhile, Shu is already preparing and making a plan for his upcoming match. Since this damn tournament wants to give him a challenge THIS early. He's facing an old frenemy of his, who used to go to the same school as him, Valt and Xander for a brief amount of time before moving away.

Georgi Azrael. (Fake character btw :D)

Man, finally I updated on this book! Sorry for taking so long, I had some personal problems going on in my family and also, I was focusing so much on my Seven Deadly Sins book, lmao. Y'all can check it out if you want, hehe..like😏😉 *starts to whisper* It's called "Awake and Alive" and I promise it's actually really good. Even if you don't know the anime or not interested, this story is worth giving a chance to be read and respectfully criticized. *voice goes back to normal* Anywaysss, hope you guys loved this chapter and sorry again for taking such a long ass time. I suck at consistent updating. 😂

See y'all next time or in my other books that I will try my best to update as soon as possible! Stay safe and take care!👍🏽❤️