Chapter 11: The mask that hides all

"Lord Ashtem, are you sure that now was the right time for those two to meet?" An advisor asked, totally confused. Ashtem smiled and shrugged his shoulders, "I don't see why not. I have Blue Eye wrapped around my finger. He wants power and I am the only one who can give him that desire. If that boy knows what's good for him, he wouldn't leave the Snake Pit and jeopardize that." He crackles each knuckle on his right hand with his thumb before doing the same with his left. The door suddenly opened and Blue Eye slowly walked in, visibly tensed.

Ashtem looked amused at the sight, but signaled Blue Eye to get closer just as the advisor closed the door behind the boy. "Did you relay the message that I want him to join us?" Blue Eye frowned and looked down at the ground, clenching his fists. "Yes." He said lowly. The leader nodded his head, "Good. What did he say?" Blue Eye huffed and replied, "He said that he will think about it. I don't think he should join, I have a feeling that he will only get in my way." Ashtem hummed, picking up his bottle of water, opening the top before drinking some. When he was done, he closed it and placed it back on the table next to him.

"Well, only if you let him get in your way. It's up to you to keep on working for your goal and not let other things distract you. Now, go and rest. You've been out for a few hours, you must be tired."

Blue Eye rolled his eyes behind his mask, you can say that again.

He nodded his head and muttered a 'thank you' before heading out the door.
———————————————————
Blue Eye took off his mask once he got inside his chambers, locking the door. He let his hair flow out, the length of it going a little bit pass his shoulders. He took out his bey and observed it for a while. "Hm, I think tomorrow will be a good time for another upgrade." The beyblade wheezed to life and made a small yawning sound. "Hello there, owner. You know...your voice is a bit different. Like, it's deeper but not that deep. It definitely has a 'honey-smooth' charismatic tone to it. Are you going through puberty?" Blue Eye glared at him.

"Shut up, I don't have time for games and jokes. Let me make this clear to you, you're only my bey because you seem useful to me and my goal. I have long since cast aside friendship and these warm but weak feelings. I am not your friend, just your owner. Got that?" He snapped, squeezing the bey in his hand a bit.

His bey let out a small hiss before gasping out, "Y-Yes sir...sorry."

"Shut up." Blue Eye simply responded, removing his blue eye contacts with one hand, revealing a brown set of eyes. They were empty, just like his face. It has been quite a while since he joined the Snake Pit. Things have totally changed, the old version of him is long gone. Blue Eye suddenly froze when he heard knocks on his door.

He told whoever is outside to wait for a moment, walking towards the bathroom. He opened the faucet and watched as fast, white looking gushes of water spewed out. Blue Eye touches some with his hand, using the remaining water to rinse and clean up his eyes. He then closed the faucet and dried his eyes with a clean towel nearby before briefly cleaning the eye contacts with the fresh cleaning solution. Making sure it's dry enough and eventually, placing them back onto his eyes. He then placed on his mask before heading towards the door.

When he opened it, he was face to face with White Eye, someone he tolerates to an extent. Though he won't be surprised if the other thinks of him as a friend. "May I come in?" White Eye asked casually. Blue Eye shrugged and moved out of the way, "Sure. Whatever." The other thanked him and walked in, taking off his mask.

(Here is some pics that represent what White Eye looks like without the mask, of course, credits and kudos go to the actual artists of these works ^^):

White Eye took out his phone and unlocked it, clicking on the Spotify app and choosing a random song

"I got a man, but I want you, I got a man, but I want you. And it's just nerves, it's just dick, makin' me think 'bout someone new..."

He yawned politely and flopped himself on Blue Eye's couch, "Sooo...how was it? Meeting that guy again?" Blue Eye glared at him quickly, causing White Eye to raise his hands, chuckling a bit. The other male eventually took off his mask and the jacket of his uniform, showing part of his lean but muscular body. After long moments of silence, Blue Eye finally addressed White Eye, turning to face him.

With a straight and emotionless face, he simply said, "It was nothing. I didn't really care."

White Eye eyed him for a few seconds before letting out a snort, leaning back and closing his eyes.

"We all know that's a lie, my dear Blue Eye."

A/n: Hope you enjoyed this chapter! As you might obviously figured out, White Eye is my original character. He will definitely appear more in this book. So don't worry, this is not the last time you will see him. Maybe he might shake things up, who knows? Anyways, take care and stay safe! ^^