CHAPTER 5: PART 1

'Frank! Frank, are you ok?" I called. I had rushed over to where Frank had fallen but I couldn't see him it was too dark. All I could hear was his distant groaning and panicked even more at the thought of him being seriously hurt.

"Yeah, It was just a hard fall." His voice came out stronger than I expected and I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard it.

"Oh thank God. I'm going to find a way to get to you." I quickly moved around to find something to use. "How badly are you hurt?" I called just to keep him talking in case he hit his head or something.

"I think I hurt my leg. It's not broken though. I see a staircase I think. Look to your left if you see a trap door or something." Panicking I looked around the area until my eyes zeroed in on a slight raise in a floor board under the table. I've never noticed it before. Then again I've never had reason to believe that this place had a lower level.

"I'm coming Frank I think I found it." I was met with silence. He must have passed out. Moving with a little bit more haste I push the chairs aside and used all my strength to pull the table away. I quickly found the handle of the door and tried to pull it open but it wouldn't budge.

"Come on stupid thing open." I gave it one hard pull and finally got it open. Running briskly down the stairs I found myself in a very dark basement. "Frank!" I called not being able to see anything.

"Over here." He answered very weak. I turned on the flashlight on my phone and searched the area until I found frank on the floor wrapping a piece of cloth around his leg. Assessing the situation I realised that his leg was bleeding badly and I instantly felt guilty about bringing him all the way out here.

"Oh my, we have to get you out of here." quickly doing a sweep of the room. I noticed there was a makeshift bed just like all the furniture upstairs and a desk with an oil lamp on it. I make my way over to it and see that there is matches box on the table as well. I open the box to see that there were only three matches sticks as well as only small amount of oil left in the lamp. Sighing I make an attempt to strike the match but the sulphur tip broke apart on impact. I wasn't surprised these must have been here a very long time. With faith I tried the other match and to my surprise a small flame ignited but only to slowly die out before I could light the lamb. I growled frustrated grabbed the other match and whispered "Third times a charm." as if fate had a sense of humour the match lit and I quickly lit the lamp before it went out.

Bringing the lamp over to frank I leaned to sit beside him. "How bad is it?" I asked gesturing to his leg inspecting it as much as could in the bad lighting.

"It isn't bad. I just scratched it on a sharp piece of wood on the way down." he said shrugging. I leaned in a closer to examined his leg and i did notice a huge rip on his jeans but the darkness of his jeans made it hard to see how much blood he actualy lost.

"Can you walk? It's going to be a long journey back if I have to carry you." I laughed a little trying to lighten the mood.

He laughed a long shaking his head. "Yeah it's fine. As I said it was just a scratch." Rising to his feet with a wince he walked a way from me with a little bit of a limp testing the leg. I still wasn't convinced but he sounded fine and he was walking so how bad could it be?

I frowned noticing a rip also in the back of his jeans. Did he scratch the back of his leg as well? Pushing the thought to the back of mind I grabbed the lamb about to push myself to my feet when I felt hand being submerged in a pool of liquid. Bringing my hand into the light I realised it was glistening red. That's blood. Lifting the lamp to where my hand was I notice a vey large pool blood where frank was sitting. A very large pool of blood to come from just a scratch. Right beside a piece of wood soaked right through with the red liquid. That was extremely odd how it looked like it went right through him but it wouldn't be possible for him to be even be standing right now.