Chapter 2

I woke up startled and comfortable. I slowly began to open my eyes as my headache seem to pound even more with the movement. When I managed to fully open my eyes I realised that I was in a dimly lit room. I tried to sit up to fully see my surroundings but a hand rested on my shoulder, I jerked startled by the touch, my head pulsing even more and I turned to see who had touched me to see a pale young girl in a maids uniform looking at me just as frightened.

"It's ok princess. Your safe," she whispered. Her words seemed to dance in the air, her voice the softest melody to my ear. She then turned to take a tray from the bedside table with a bottle of water and an advil "here take these for your headache." She pushed the tray closer to me.
I eyed the tray suspiciously and then at her sweet smile.

If they wanted  kill me they would have done it already.

I reluctantly took the pills and water my eyes never once leaving hers. I placed the empty container on the tray and watched as she placed the tray on the night stand. She then moved to the slick sheets that covered my legs pulling them up  silently asking me to ly down and that's when the reality hit that a man kidnapped me and I  had no idea where I was. I grabbed her hand tears welling up in my eyes she looked at me startled.

"Where am I?"I pleaded my voice smaller than I wanted it to be.
she opened her mouth to answer but was cut off when the door slammed letting in a wave of bright light and I used my hands to cover my eyes until I heard the door close
standing at the door stood a beautiful woman. She stood with an air of elegance. She wore a pant suit and high heels her ,hair was pulled back in a neat bun and her face showed that she didn't mess around.
"Crystal why was I not informed that the princess was awake,"she said not even taking her eyes off me. She didnt give Crystal, I think, the time to answer before she said"never mind. Give the princess and I some time alone and get her some food will you Crystal."
Crystal bowed her head and hurried out of the room.

"Where am I, why am I here?" I asked frightened  as she approached me.

"Well you are home princess where else would you be?" She answered as she stood at my bed side hands behind her back a stern look on her face. She was the perfect example of euro centric beauty. Her jawline, straight nose, blonde hair and blue eyes. Her eyes. They seemed to shift. Then the room seemed to shift as if I was looking at a 3D screen. Almost as if it was a hallogram. This isn't real. I thought.
I must be dreaming.

"I am not a princess this isn't real!" I shouted.

"What do mean princess? Are you unwell? If your mother heard of this she would be most displeased." Her face showed no emotion  but I could see a flash of anger in her eyes.

"I am not a princess! I have no mother! I was raised by my aunt!" I screamed jumping off the bed attempting to run to the door. I never reached. She grabbed my arm. I turned to try to get her release me when she opened her palm and a cloud of purple smoke clouded my vision and I passed out.

End dream

I shot up almost flying off my bed. Short of breath in cold sweat. The scanned my surroundings  the familiar room calming me and I let out a shaky breath. The bits and pieces of the dream that I could remember confused me especially the fact that my mother was mentioned. I haven't had a dream relating to her in years. I often dreamt she would come visit me at my window at nights and song sweet lullabies to me but never had I ever have a dream so intense and real it was almost as if it actually happened. I shook my head trying to rid the thoughts from my mind. I rose and begun to prepare myself for the day. Ensuring to dress myself for the cold rainy November weather.
Walking down the stairs as I neared the store I could hear the soft banter of customers. It wasn't unusual for grandaunt  to get customers  this early in the morning as despite what I said earlier the citizens of peadvalley were head over heels for Aunt Nora ' s magic tea. Aunt Nora did seem to have the perfect concoction for what they needed.
Shaking the troubling dream from my head I stood before the stairs which lead to the adjoining store. Taking a deep breath I pushed the door open freezing midstep. Holding unto the door frame a nervousness overcame me. There he stood resting his elbows on my grandaunt ' s counter lazily sipping tea engaged in a conversation with my aunt Nora. He did something to me last night.  I just knew it and now he just standing  there dressed in expensive black coat, black pants and dress shoes casually talking with my aunt. An anger overcame me. How dear he? As if sensing my glare he turned towards me golden eyes piercing through my soul now dried shiny black hair still covering half his face. My first thought was too run up the stairs and pray for him to go away but we just kept staring at each other unmoving while some sick harmonal teenage side of me wished I had just imagined what happened and this man was innocent.
Eyes still locked with him I noticed aunt Nora try to get his attention. She turned in my direction to see what he was looking at and her eyes twinkled when she saw me. She then beckoned me over. Thinking it through I decided it best to confront him quietly without causing a scene. Hesitantly  I walked toward them.