CHAPTER 4

Its been three days. Three days since the accident. Three days of which I've been avoiding Frank. I know he has tried to see me because my aunt told me but I told her to tell him that I was sick that I caught a cold or something. My aunt still hasn't asked what happened but she suspects it has something to do with Frank. I know Frank isn't to blame for Jeremy attacking me but there are so many strange things that have happened recently that are undoubtedly related to Frank that cannot all be a coincidence and besides do I really want to be associated with someone who has the ability to kill.

Speaking of killing I found it strange that there was no news of Jeremy's body being found going around. Although I haven't exactly been out in the world these past couple of days my grandaunt would have certainly brought the news to me.

Sighing I walked towards my closet. Today I decided it was time I came out of hibernation. People were starting to ask about me and aunt was running out of excuses. I let my hand run across all my oversized sweatshirts and paused when I felt the ridiculously soft expensive fabric beneath my finger tips. Sighing I pulled the coat off the hanger. It was franks coat which he gave me the other day and with me being busy avoiding him I hadn't the time to give it back. Well I suppose I could have given it to aunt to give to him but subconsciously I think I held on to it as an excuse to see him again which I had no idea how soon that was.

Slipping my hand into the sleeves of the oversized coat I let myself sink into the warmth of it and pulled the collar to my nose and sniffed. Weirdly enough under all the detergent I used to wash out the mud and muck the coat still smelled lightly of Frank. Putting my hands in the pockets I walked in front of the mirror to look at myself. I was completely swallowed by the coat. I didn't exactly have a small body but I wasn't very big either and I was around an average height but the coat still looked huge on me which was to be expected. Twirling a little and doing a few silly poses, it was the first time I let myself laugh in a few days. Suddenly saw a flash of pink in my eye and I look down to see that a piece of paper had fallen from the coat. Bending to pick it up I see that its a blank envelope. Turning it around I see that there was a silver seal that was now broken.

Having a little internal struggle with myself I let curiosity get the best of me and I open the envelope to reveal a gold bordered white paper. It might have been ridiculous at the time but it was the most expensive piece of paper I have ever held in my life. My hands trembled a little when I removed the paper from the envelope. Pacing a little I did a mini pros and cons list of breaching this mans privacy.I mean a man carrying around a little pink envelope seemed a little bit personal. It might have been from a lover or to be addressed to a lover. Frank seemed like the type to have somebody back home.

Ok maybe just the heading and if its too personal i wont read it. as that justifies me being nosy.

Sighing I pulled up the top to see a letter head that like a royal stamp. My heart pounded faster in my chest as I read the words right below it.

MISSION 2330

SIR FRANKLIN BENSIN

BY ROYAL ORDER THE QUEEN REBECCA SERVING

A RETRACTION THE PRINCESS AKA-

"That looks good on you."

Startled I through the letter as far away from me as possible and then turned to see Frank standing at the door looking smug with his hands in his pocket leaning against me door frame smirking.

"Hi Frank!" I exclaimed in the most high pitch squeak. So yeah, guilty. " I was just...um...I just. I should probably give this back now." I stuttered slipping the coat off my shoulders.

"No, keep It. You wear it better than I do." I looked up at him with a a deadpan expression and I was almost convinced he was serious until he burst out laughing. I wanted to be a little upset but I couldn't help but to admire him laughing. I know its cliché but it was really something to admire. So I just stared trying to soak it all in.