6 - Birthdays

Y/N's POV

I woke up to my phone ringing and picked it up. Oh it was Namtoon. 

I answered and spoke, "Hey Namtoon, why are you calling me this early?"

"First of all it's Namjoon, y/n, and it's 9am already!"

"Oh right, sorry 'bout that."

"Anyways, it's Jungkook's birthday, and since you're his special friend, you're invited."

"Oh shit it's his birthday? Aw shit, I said that out loud."

Namjoon laughed.

"Anyways, this party is a secret. Act like you don't know it's his birthday, which you didn't really know anyway."

"Okay, okay, thanks Namjoon."

"Thanks for getting my name right, I have to go now, bye y/n."

I had to go and get Jungkook a birthday present, but I didn't want to get out of bed because I'm lazy."

I finally got out and got ready.

Once I was ready, I told my mum I was going to the shops quickly.

When I left, I saw Jungkook and ran up to him.

"Hey Jungkook!" I yelled at him.

He suddenly looked excited.

"Hey Y/N, where you going?"

"Oh just the park you know? Want to come?"

I know, I'm an idiot.

"No, I have to back inside soon."

"Oh ok, see ya." I said and left him.

I got so lucky.

I had no idea what I was going to buy him. Why was I so awful at this?

After looking around for a while, I found a nice white t-shirt and I also got him some new trainers.

I got them wrapped up and went home.

Jungkook's POV

I guessed Y/N didn't know it was my birthday. I decided in the end that I would go to the park and see if she was there.

I found her sitting on a bench reading a book and I went and sat next to her. 

"Hey Y/N, what you reading?"

"Oh, hey Jungkook, I'm just reading, uh, this."

She showed me the cover of the book, didn't look interesting to me even though I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, literally.

"Is it good?"

"Nah, not really, I'm glad I got it from the library, at least I can return it."

"Oh nice."

"Anyways Jacob said he might come here soon."

"Really?"

Ugh Jacob.

"I'm joking, come follow me."

She grabbed my hand and pulled me up, then we both walked home together, but then she took a turn and walked towards my house. She opened the door and I saw my hyungs with wide smiles on their faces.

"Happy Birthday Kookie!" They all yelled in Korean, including Y/N.

Aw they remembered.

Jin hyung came with a cake and turned off the lights. Y/N pushed me into the house and by my hyungs. They started singing happy birthday and I blew out the candles.