"So we can see the film,"

She tripped up the stairs and I caught her, guiding her to the seat. I put her drink in the holder then gave her the sweets, sitting between her and Bailey.

Poppy held onto my arm and I kissed her head, making her look up.

"It's okay,"

"What happens?"

"The film comes on the big screen and everyone watches, that's all,"

"Do I eat my sweets?"

"If you want them, yeah.

She nodded and ate one, making me look at Bailey who gave me a wide grin.

"Thankyou,"

"Thankyou for being so great this week,"

"I'm not great,"

"Yes you are,"

"I didn't finish my homework,"

"Elijah will help you look later,"

The film began and Poppy leant forward, captured by the huge screen. Opposingly, Bailey slouched in her seat with her sweets.

Neither of them moved much or spoke through the entire film, and when it was over they both began talking about it. I collected their rubbish and we walked out, the girls holding hands on the way back.

"Did you enjoy that?"

"Yes!"

"I didn't like the dark but I liked the film,"

"That's good then. It's a nice treat to celebrate your one week here,"

She nodded and looked down, looking at her feet as we went into the car park. We got in the car again and the pair of them shared a pair of headphones on the way home.

Watching Poppy discover all of these new things was rewarding.

When we got home, Bailey found Elijah and he helped her with work while Poppy went outside with Nathan and kicked a football round.

"You're back, I missed you," Crystal said, kissing me, "Was it good?"

"Yeah, Bailey loved it so much,"

"We did some colouring and wrapped up the presents for tomorrow,"

Cameron scurried over and I picked him up, then Crystal kissed his cheek and I followed her to the living room.

We put the tv on and Payton went outside, but Cameron got Elijah to play video games with him. Bailey then went upstairs, and for about an hour, we had some peace.

We started to cook tea, though I was wary Poppy wouldn't be hungry so we cooked a little less.

"Please can I eat in my room?" Elijah said, "It's a football game I've been counting down to,"

"Just this once," Crystal grinned, "You're so cheeky,"

"Thankyou," he said quickly, heading to his room. All the other kids sat at the table, talking between themselves. That had become more regular too, and we could feel our family becoming closer and closer in this past week.

"Please can we play a board game?" Payton asked, "Please?"

"I don't see why not," Crystal said, "Which one?"

"Cluedo!"

"Get it out then,"

They ran to the cupboard while we cleared the table, Poppy tugging at my arm. I furrowing my eyebrows and shook my head, making her let go.

"That wasn't very gentle,"

"Sit next to me,"

"You have to ask politely sweetheart, okay? Where do you want to sit?"

She pulled my arm again.

"No, Poppy. Use your words,"

"Here,"

She sat beside Nathan and I sat the other side, putting my arm around her. Burying her head in my side, she grabbed my hand and yawned, Nathan chuckling a bit.

"What?" she said, "I'm not being funny,"

"I know, it's just cute,"

"Don't call me cute,"

Payton and Cameron emptied the box onto the table and began setting it up, Crystal passing out the paper.

"Shall we be a team?" I asked Poppy, feeling her nod, "Great,"

"You can't team!" Payton said, "Nu-uh,"

"Poppy has never played this before sweetie," Crystal said.

"Fine,"

Everyone got their cards and we marked it down, beginning to move around the board. I mostly did it all, but I didn't expect anything less.

In the end, Nathan won, and he smugly folded his arms and sat back.

"That's not fair," Cameron sulked, "I wanted to win,"

"Did you have any of those answers?" Bailey asked, "I had them all!"

"No,"

"Then you couldn't win anyway,"

Payton stuck her tongue out and he blew a raspberry at her, the pair of them climbing off their chairs and running after each other. Bailey and Crystal tidied up, Nathan getting out of it with his 'winner privileges', and Poppy stood up.

"Where are you off to?"

"Elijah,"

"Okay princess,"

"Cameron, Payton, please can you go and shower before bed please?" Crystal said.

"Bagsy mum and dad's shower!" Cameron said, making me chuckle. They went off doing that, then Nathan went on call with his friends, and Bailey sat drawing.

"It's a miracle we keep everyone occupied," I said to Crystal, kissing her cheek as I stood, "Shall we watch some tv?"

"I just need to put my feet up,"

"I agree with you on that one,"