Chapter 19

jade's POV:

I had arrived to class fifteen minutes early. There were only about three people there and no professor and for some reason that bothered me. I had no idea why I guess I had just wanted to speak to him or at least see him before class.

When everyone was here and my professor had finally showed up it brought up my spirits up just a bit. I watched his every move, I watched how his lips moved, how his eyes closed slightly whenever he laughed a little at his own joke. He was dorky, but it was a cute dorky.

Finally after this class had ended I went up to him. I had no idea what I was going to say to him, but for some reason I just had to talk to him.

"Hey Mr. Slone." I said giving him a small smile as I walked towards.

"Hi Jade. Did you understand today's lesson or should we meet up again?" he said smiling.

"Um actually I understood it quite well today. Thanks for the offer though."

"No problem. By the way you don't have to call me Mr. Slone you can call me Collin when there's nobody else around." he said giving me a smile. At this point I knew I was staring at him and I also had butterflies in my stomach. Was I possibly developing a crush on this guy? No that couldn't be I had Perrie who I was deeply in love with and no one could change the way I felt about her.

"Well alright Collin." I said smiling.

"So is there anything you needed to talk about or a question you had?" he asked and my mind went racing, just thinking of all the questions that I could ask him that would be totally inappropriate for me to ask him.

"Actually I just wanted to thank you again for yesterday." I said quickly trying to make it seem like this was just a friendly thing.

"Oh and again not a problem. If you ever need help again just ask and we can meet up like we did." he said and I nodded.

"Well I should go." I said awkwardly.

"Alright well see you around." he said and I walked out of the room feeling stupid. I knew I had nothing to talk to him about yet I just felt like I had to talk to him. I sighed walking back to my dorm room. When I got there I saw Perrie already dressed up with her hair and makeup done.

"Hey babe." she greeted me as I walked in.

"Hi."

"Something wrong?"

"No baby I'm fine." I said throwing my things on my bed and sitting down with a long sigh.

"Are we still on for tonight?" she asked and I nodded. "Are you sure nothing's wrong? You're usually always smiling and happy."

"Babe I'm fine. I'm just gonna take a shower and get ready for our date." I said and she nodded.

I got up from the bed grabbing a pair of clean underwear and a dress that ended right above the knee. I walked out of the room and started my way towards the washroom. Right as I was about to turn I felt a hard push against my shoulder and my clothes had fallen from my hands. I looked up to see Collin I was confused as to why he was here. I looked down soon realizing my underwear was right on top of my dress and very visible. I quickly bent down to pick up my clothing and awkwardly smiled at him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I came looking for you." he said and I felt my heart skip a beat and a small blush appear.

"Really?" I asked with excitement and a little confusion.

"Yea you left one of your books in my class and I came to return it." he said and my excitement was quick to go away.

"Oh thanks." I said smiling softly and taking my book from him.

"Anytime." he said and it had become a bit awkward.

"So I'll see you tomorrow." I said and he nodded. I quickly walked past him and into the washroom. There were only about two other girls there which I found kind weird because at this time there was usually a line to get into the washroom.

I let the warm water hit my back instantly feeling less tense. Today had been pretty long and what i had found weird was that throughout the whole day I wasn't looking forward to my date I was actually hoping Perrie didn't feel like going, but that wouldn't be happening since she was ready to go.

After I was completely ready for the date Perrie and I walked hand in hand to a small restaurant we had been talking about going to for a while now, but never really got the chance to go to.

"I'm so excited about this date." she said smiling and I forced a smile.

"So am I. We don't go out often."

"We don't. Maybe we should go out on more dates."

"Yea whenever we can squeeze one in." I said trying to sound as enthusiastic as possible.

When we got into the restaurant Perrie and I sat at a small table near the window. We talked about how our classes were going, how we felt about being so far away from home for such a long time, and how we couldn't wait to get back home. I tried my hardest to show some type of intrest, but my mind kept slipping back to Collin and I knew I had developed a crush, but I just didn't know why. I knew of course that I could never act on it because for all I know he could have a girlfriend or even be married and have children. I had Perrie and she was all I needed.

After our date we walked back to campus. I let Perrie do most of the talking and talked whenever she asked a question mainly because I wasn't really excited for this date. I felt forced to come out with her tonight.

Perrie's POV:

That night I stood up later than Jade had and watched TV. Once we had gotten back into our room Jade went straight to bed which i found a little weird since Jade was the one who stood up way later than I ever did. I thought about our date tonight and I sighed because I knew something was bothering Jade but she wouldn't tell me. She hadn't been acting like her self. She usually was very talkative and always smiling, but tonight she seemed off. She seemed quite sad actually and very quite. Maybe she was just a bit moody.