Chapter 14

For about a month now I'd been over thinking everything between Jade and I. I remembered hearing her on the phone saying she was still with Sam. Although I didn't know whether she was saying the truth or not I did let it get to me and I did let it kill me inside just a little bit. I pretended that I was ok and that nothing was wrong, but I'm pretty sure she'd soon realize I was feeling down and I knew for sure she wouldn't stop asking me what was wrong.

Lucky for me it was Christmas break and all of campus was pretty much gone. My mum decided on coming down to the states although I begged that she'd picked me up from the airport over there at South Shields because I was feeling homesick, but she wanted to see the states.

I sat alone in my dorm room because Jade had already gone home for Christmas break which was a big sigh of relief because every time I looked her my heart kind of shattered. I sighed as I placed my chin on my knees. I was both tired and sad and with all the work I had assigned Christmas break wouldn't be much of a break at all.

A few moments later my phone started ringing and I picked it up not looking at the caller ID. I- of course- expected that it'd be either my mum or Jade, but my guesses were off as I had no idea who this was.

"Hello?" I said again into the receiver yet there was no answer so I tried again and finally I heard some sort or noise on the other end.

"Hey."

"Who's this?" I asked confused. I waited a few seconds and no reply so I decided to hang up. I put my phone back and down and again it rang. This time I made sure to look at the caller ID and it was my mum, finally.

"Hi mum!" I said.

"Hey sweetie. How come you hung up?"

"What do you mean?"

"I had called before and you hung up."

"It didn't sound like you." I said with confusion.

"I'm aware of that sweetie. That was the person that I've been wanting you to meet for a while now." she said and I knew this couldn't be good. I sighed as I thought of my parnets divorce. I knew it couldn't be my father on the other line because:

a) I already knew him

b) That sounded nothing like him.

"So who's this you've been wanting me to meet?" I asked with a bit of a sad tone.

"Well you know that guy I've been seeing for a while now right?"

"Well I don't know him personally because I've never met him, but you've told me about him so I guess I can say yes."

"Well now you'll be able to say you've met him." she said and I could tell by the tone in her voice she was excited.

"Please don't tell me you brought him along with you."

"Oh honey you'll love him. He's a wonderful person. I promise you two will get along well."

"Fine." I said sighing. We said our goodbyes and I love yous and hung up. She said she'd call me once she was right outside of campus. I didn't understand why she came all the way down here with someone I didn't know when I could of made things much easier by going over there and a lot more cheaper, but I guess my mum liked spending money on hotel rooms and food.

I sat there thinking about the guy. What if I didn't like him. I knew my mum was crazy about him because every time she came home she was so happy and although I've never met the fella he seemed ok. If I didn't like him the only thing I could was pretend for my mothers sake. I didn't want to think of this really because at the back of my mine a small voice kept yelling out "Jade!". Jade had gone early this morning and I guess she hadn't gotten there because she told me once she got there she'd call. Or maybe she was already there and spending time with her family. Or another possibility spending time with Sam. Either way I wished she call to at least tell me she got there safely.

After a short amount of time my mum had finally called and I grabbed my bags and walked out of campus. I saw my mum standing next to a man who was a lot taller than her and me. He was quite pale and looked red from the cold. He had short brown hair and dark eyes. I guess for an older man he wasn't bad looking.

"Hi mum!" I squealed as I walked towards her. She embraced me a tight long hug, a hug I've missed more than anything.

"So who's this fella?" I asked trying to start a good note with him.

"I'm Derek." he said with a smile. He had thick Irish accent which was a nice touch.

"I'm Perrie." I said smiling back.

"I know. You're mum has told me much about you. I hear you're very smart and talented." he said. I guess he was nice but he was kind of a kiss up. I was just his girlfriends daughter not someone who was truly important to him. I knew as well as he did that he didn't give a crap about who I was and that he just wanted to get on my good side so that I wouldn't complain about him to my mom.

"So where are we off to?" I asked.

"Well we're going to check into our hotel and then we're going to eat and then we can do anything else you'd like." my mum said and I nodded. As I started to grab my bag Derek had taken it from me telling me that he'd put it in the car for me and that I shouldn't have to lift a finger. I knew he was just being nice but maybe a little it was just a little to much. I got into the backseat of the car and checked my phone. I had gotten a text from Jade at least.

Jade:

Hey baby. I got here safely. Sorry I didn't call earlier I got a bit excited from being with my family. But anyways I'll call you tomorrow beautiful. I hope you have a great day. xx

I sighed and put my phone back. At least she texted. I really wished I could be back home. I looked at my mum and Derek sharing a kiss. I sighed because I wished I had Jade with me. I wished I could kiss her on New Years. Even though I had my mum around she was to into Derek for anytime with me. Merry Christmas to me I guess.

I finally updated. Sorry it took so long. I've been having so much homework and I've been doing other things too. I will try and update more often though. I know the chapter is pretty sucky, but it'll get better.