Chapter 37

Lisa

"Lisa!" Who... is that? "Wake up, you big dick!" That voice sounds so familiar.

The slaps on my cheek force me to wake up. I open my eyes, meeting someone familiar behind the sunrise.

"Wendy?" She beams.

"Get up! Get up! The sunrise is coming!" She pulls me up, and I have no choice but to sit up from the ground. I look around and the view fascinates me. 

Tall and green grasses cover the area with beautiful trees and mountains from afar. The sky is so bright yet it glows in orange. Despite the warmth from the sun, its cold and fresh breeze still brushes with the field.

"Where... are we?" I ask, still in awe of the place. 

"In a grass field? Duh."  She sits beside me, eating grass but later then spits it with a disgusted face. I slap her arm.

"Idiot. I know that. But where are the others?" She sighs and stares at the sky with her face looking so peaceful.

"They're busy looking for you." My nose scrunches up.

"How about you?" 

"Nah, I'm just chilling here like a villain." She winks, bumping her shoulder with mine as we both laugh.

"You're such a dork." She flicks my forehead.

"And you're a dumbass." She snickers and plays with the grass. I glare at her, pretending to be offended.

"Ouch. That hurts." She chuckles and I look at the place again. This place seems so good to be true. It feels like a dream.

"Yah, Wendy. Am I... dreaming?" She only beams and stares at the bright sky.

"Hey, do you still remember that ancient story where our loved ones become a star rather than a ghost?" She asks, reaching the sun with her hand. The sunrays leak through her hand as it glows on her face.

"Yeah. Why?" She puts her hand down and looks at me with that tender expression. 

"Lisa, from now on, I'll be everyone's star. I will protect you all from the sky and watch all of you over there. Isn't that awesome?" Her hand then taps my shoulder as she smiles. I just laugh at her, denying this heavy feeling building inside of me.

"What are you talking about?" She faces her body to me and grips on my shoulders.

"Jennie. She's coming for you. Our squad. Your family. All of them. So please, wait for them, okay?" I feel so happy that I squeal.

"Really?" My eyes are forced to shut when something in front of us shines so bright that it can blind me. But I noticed her stand up as she helps me to get up.

She holds my hand, giving me this apprehension. "I don't have much time, Lisa. I have to go now."

"Where are you... going?" She smiles so gently. I don't even know what to feel.

"To the sky." And Wendy pulls me for a hug. She is so warm, it brings me to tears. "Until next time, Lis."

I don't know why, but I wrap my arms around her. I hug her tighter, feeling more of her warmth.