chapter eight.

you took off your cloak and threw it to the corner of the room, breaking down into tears. your fingers ran through your hair and were so upset, you threw your lightsaber to the wall, the strength of it nearly damaging it.

kylo brought you into his arms and you sobbed into his chest, your arms wrapped around his torso tightly. your tears stained his shirt and he kissed the top of your head, rubbing your back soothingly.

"i thought he was dead.." you muffled into his shirt and he sighed deeply, knowing it was all his fault. he thought theo would be dead when they blew up star destroyer.

he sat you down on the edge of the bed and squatted down, looking up at you and wiped away your tears with his thumbs, kissing your forehead. "i'm sorry, darling." he muttered, his heart aching at the sight of you crying and feeling hopeless. but you couldn't stop crying and you didn't even know why.

"please stop crying. just look at me, breathe." kylo softly spoke and you looked at him with teary, glossy eyes, sniffling. after a few minutes, you finally calmed down and tried to catch your breath. he kissed your cheek and gave you a small smile, his fingers under your chin and placed a kiss on your lips.

someone knocked on your hatch door and you hung your head down, not wanting to be seen. kylo walked over to the door and let it open, revealing a guard. "commander, it's the head guard at the other base. he needs to speak with you, immediately." the guard spoke and kylo sighed, looking at you. you waved him off and he kissed the top of your head before leaving. "i'll be back shortly." he told you and left.

you sniffled and wiped away the remaining of your tears, closing your eyes. you decided to put away your lightsaber and cloak, pursing your lips.

"empress palpatine." you heard rey's echoing voice, startling you for a second. the force was connecting you both again. "hi." you muttered and sat on the ground, her setting being her room at the secluded base.

"you're sad. what happened?"

"theo. the ordeal has him and he's on their side."

"who's theo?"

you sighed and shrugged it off, not wanting to tell her the story. "okay then. listen, there's something i need to tell you, and it's been in my head for so many months, and you're my blood, so it's better if you know." she said and you sat up straight, curious to know what she was getting at.

"go on.."

she inhaled sharply, fingers fidgeting and leg bouncing. she was nervous. it must have been something bad. she didn't bother to look at you and you were already anxious enough.

"the first night you were in the medbay, something happened between ben and i."

"what happened, rey?"

"he was upset, and we were in his quarters. he was obviously crying and upset, and i didn't know what else to do but hug him and reassure him that you'd be alright."

you didn't want to think overthink or start to cry, so you remained calm and patient, letting her finish since she was still nervous. "then um.. his hands touched my cheeks and he kissed me. the kissing led to making out, and the making out to us having sex. and i'm just, really sorry-"

"stop. stop right there."

you stood up onto your two feet and started to process it all. the night before you got hurt, he told you he loved you. after you were fine, he said he wanted you. he confessed his love for you. now it all seemed fake.

"i am sorry. he was just upset and i thought if-"

"that if you banged him and let him cum in you, he would fucking feel better? you guys fucked when i was in the medbay, almost about to fucking die?!" you shouted and filled up with rage, seeing her look down at her lap in shame. "i can't fucking believe you. you both should've let me die." you said and kylo came in on the wrong time. you pointed your finger to his face, and your tears were back.

"i fucking despise you. we're fucking done, you asshole!" you yelled and smacked him, rey gasping in shock. you threw your marriage ring at him, sobbing and putting on your cloak, grabbing your lightsaber as well.

"where are you going to go?" he asked and he seemed so desperate for your forgiveness, but you could only laugh. "i don't know. but hopefully somewhere far, far away from you both. take over the galaxy together, how about that?" you last said and bolted out of the room, kylo shouting your name.

you were at the docking bay, almost about to head onto the command shuttle until kylo grabbed your wrist, stopping you. you hated how much stronger he was than you.

"let go of me, you liar."

"i was sad and heartbroken! i wasn't in the right mind! besides, we weren't anything."

you scoffed and got out of his grip, smacking him one more time. "no, it's not that. i know we weren't anything, but it's the fact that before i got hurt, you told me you loved me. even afterwards, you confessed your feelings and everything. all this fucking romantic shit, that was bullshit! it was the fact that i was in the medbay, about to fucking die and you decided to fuck my cousin to get out all your emotional feelings! by pounding your dick into her? you're fucking horrible and you should've let me die! i fucking regret meeting you, kylo ren!"

"come on, you don't mean that."

"no, i do. i rather fucking die alone. i rather fucking get myself killed than ever be around you again."

he was in tears and you felt nothing. you didn't care. this was the last time you were going to get your heart broken by him, when he didn't think about your feelings.

"you should have let me died on the resistance base." you said and tears fell out of your eyes like a waterfall. the ramp to the command shuttle opened and you walked up it, kylo following you.

"please, don't do this. don't leave me, don't you dare fucking leave me." he pleaded and you sniffled, starting up the command shuttle.

"how about you go kiss her, or marry her. i'm sure you both would love that." you said and pushed him down the ramp, seeing him collapse onto the ground and groaned.

you closed up the ramp and immediately took off, never wanting to look back.