chapter six.

you woke up to being softly poked at, your eyes fluttering opened and saw rey. "rey.. what are you doing here?" you asked in a hushed voice and she threw your leggings at you. "get up, i think i got something and we need to talk." she replied.

you carefully got out of ben's hold, who was a deep sleeper and snoring. you put onto your bottoms and shoes, rubbing your eyes and yawned. you grabbed a warm cardigan and covered yourself with it. you followed rey back to her quarters, which was about the same size as yours, due to her being your cousin and the most incredible person ever.

you sat down on her bed, about to fall asleep at any moment. "what did you get?" you asked and she leaned against the wall across from you. "i think the ordeal people were stormtroopers. that's why they're so skilled and everything. they must have gotten information on you from other people, including your friends. remember, we only know madeline's story and that her father is luke, but what about ares? we know nothing!"

"okay and? he's the commander, and i don't know why madeline keeps calling the shots."

"exactly! i think it's the other way around. you know how people, mostly men, think a woman can't rule? that's why. she's actually the commander and he's the general!"

"your point exactly, rey?"

she sighed and clasped her hands together, lips in a thin line. "the only way to keep ben safe and torn apart from kylo ren, is if you turn and use your abilities to take down the ordeal and i'll help you, but ben needs to stay out of this." she told you and your eyes widened. you didn't know if you were sleeping still because what she told you sounded like a nightmare.

"ben wants to rebuild the first order and i've seen him slowly go back to his old ways." you responded, shrugging and fidgeted with your fingers. "and i've had a feeling that you're slowly turning." rey said and you shook your head, denying it as always. you wanted to believe you were good and if you kept trying to convince yourself that you were, it would stick. hopefully.

"it's a temptation. though it's bad and you know the damage you could cause if you were dark, you could use it all to take down the ordeal. you probably have more strength than kylo ren ever did, and that man killed a lot of people. but you could do so much more."

you thought about it, process every detail and looked at reality of it. the people of the risen were safe and in a secluded location, they would have no idea about any of it all. but once you went dark, would you ever turn back?

the hatch door opened and revealed ben. "oh, did i wake you?" you asked and he nodded, examining both you and rey. "yes, you did. your thoughts still yell in my head, don't forget that. would someone like to explain about this whole turning dark? accepting your palpatine bloodline?" he asked and you bit your lower lip nervously, looking at rey, standing up.

you both stayed silent and he chuckled, but no smile on his face, it was a grin. "there are no promises or guarantees. it's just, rey thought that maybe if i just.."

"just what? become empress palpatine?" he spat bitterly and you rolled your eyes, embarrassed that he was about to throw a childish tantrum.

"no no no. listen, it's for the greater good and i would be able to take down the ordeal, ben. and you wouldn't have to be kylo ren anymore." you simply explained and he scoffed, rey standing back and listening.

"empress palpatine doesn't sound too bad. sounds kind of cool." she mumbled and scratched the back of her neck, looking down once you glared at her.

you went back to looking into ben's eyes and sighed, patting his chest. "rey, can we be alone for a minute, please?" you peeked at her and she nodded, not even needing to say anything and left through the hatch door.

"you can't just turn to protect me."

"i'm protecting you because i love you and you've done so much for me. i will be okay." you reassured him and cupped his cheeks, frowning. he sighed and put his hands on top of yours, thumbs stroking your hands.

"you still don't know what you're capable of and that's what scares me. the unknown can break you sometimes or scare you." ben said and you nodded, biting your lip in thought. "i'm a palpatine. i'm strong and powerful. with the tip of my finger, i can take out everyone of the ordeal." you reminded him and he chuckled, knowing those were his words.

"together, we're powerful and strong."

you knew what he was getting to and you were too scared to see kylo ren take over ben solo, again. you couldn't risk it, but you did love him no matter what.

"a dyad in the force. two that are one." you whispered and he smiled, nodding. you were scared of the unknown and soon face yourself. the truth of everything. you only knew a little. you were frightened.

the same pain struck your heart and you whimpered, clutching on your shirt. "i don't know why my heart keeps hurting." you mumbled and sat back down, taking deep breathers.

"it's happening.." ben muttered and you raised a brow, confused on what he meant. "what's happening?" you asked. "the evil. it's slowly taking over your heart. it's taking away the good." he told you and you shook your head, and before you could respond, the pain stabbed your heart again. you groaned loudly and tears formed in your eyes.

"fuck!"

rey came back in and she stared at you, worried. "i feel it.." she said and ben looked at her. "i feel it too.." he replied and they went back to eyeing you. your whole body felt like it was changing inside. the pain in your heart soon went numb and like a new human entered your body.

ben cupped your cheeks and stared at you, seeing that new human in you as well.

"kylo.."

he sighed and looked down, as if he was defeated, though his hands never left your face. "do you know who you are?" he asked and his eyes observed you, once more. "empress palpatine.." you mumbled and rey's eyes widened, her whole body language switching. she was scared.

ben and rey looked as if they were too late. almost like they lost someone they loved. you were confused and your body felt cold.

"this is what needed to be done.." ben told rey and she nodded, chewing onto her lower lip. "rey, you're in charge of the resistance. go to the location and stay there. no coming back, unless i say so." he demanded and she nodded once again, already packing few of her things and kissed your forehead goodbye. "i love you. don't let me down." she whispered and left through her door.

"what happens now, ky?"

"now, we take down the ordeal."